💜Chapter 12: Prawn💜

Athena's P.O.V.

I lay down coughing as my moonstone glowed green. I coughed until I caught my breath, resting against the pillow. I was in the 'lobby' with a majority of the other wolves.

Willa and Wyatt were giving out some water and blankets to everybody.

She came over and helped me sit up as she gave me some water to drink. Willa placed her hand on my back.

I shivered as I rubbed my arm, the cold getting to me. At this point, I looked dead. My skin was a sickly pale color and my lips were very blue.

Wyatt came over and placed a blanket on me. He nodded to Willa and helped me lay back down as I continued coughing. He stroked my hair and soothed me like a big brother would.

Wynter was laying down above me, keeping a close eye on me. I just wanted to be in her arms, but I was too weak to even move.

It was then I saw Zed come in and my newfound friends looked at him.

"They were wrong to destroy Seabrook Power. And I was wrong about werewolves. You have every right to fight for who you are." he told them.

"Yeah, but what are we now, zombie?" Wyatt asked.

"You're fierce, proud werewolves." he replied.

"Yeah, they think we're monsters." Willa told him.

Zed smiled, nodding his head.

"We are monsters."

Wyatt and Willa looked at each other.

"We're going to crash the Prawn and we would like for you guys to join us. We can't make the rules, but we can break them. So, you in?" he asked.

I couldn't help but smile when I noticed my alpha and beta nod.

I reached my hand out and Zed saw me. He rushed to my side and took my hand in his.

"Hey, sis. How're you feeling?" he asked.

I coughed into my shoulder as I sat up a bit.

Zed smiled sadly before he placed a hand on my forehead. "If this is really the last time you'll be here, I want to let you know that you're more than my best friend. You're my sister and I love you as family. Werewolf or not, I support you."

I held back the tears as I ruffled his hair. He and Wyatt helped me stand up as more wolves came in.

"We got a Prawn to crash!" Willa said.

+++++++++++++

We decided we were going to crash the Prawn with the zombies. With Willa and Waverly's help, I got ready and was all set for Prawn. As for my vest, it was the same as Willa's, but a pale pink.

I held onto Wynter's hand as she smiled weakly at me. I wrapped an arm around her and kissed her tenderly. She looked gorgeous in her brown dress and it brought her complexion out perfectly.

 She looked gorgeous in her brown dress and it brought her complexion out perfectly

"You look beautiful, baby." I told her. "You too, love." she replied.

We walked out of the den and I saw the zombies there. I walked to Eliza and fist-bumped her. I started walking with the werewolves, nearly losing my balance here and there, but Wynter would catch me.

I walked with my friends and mate as soon as Bucky's limo drove away. I smirked as I saw his and the Acey's looks on their faces.

"It's zombies." he said.

"And werewolves." Jacey added.

"In formal wear?" Stacey replied.

"They look good." Lacey complimented, but her friends gave her looks and she shut up.

We made our way to the entrance and stopped in front of Bucky.

"You guys can't be here. There are laws against this." he argued.

"Bad laws are meant to be broken." Zed said. "And monsters don't follow the rules." Eliza added, slapping his hand with ease.

"Zombies are a part of Seabrook, Bucky. We deserve to be here." she finished.

"Well, we're a part of Seabrook too. The originals, in fact." Wyatt reminded him, which made me smirk and nod.

Bucky turned and eyed the Z-Alarm. "Someone's gotta stop you." he retorted. He went to pull it until Willa came in and snarled at him, making him yelp. "Welcome to Prawn."

Willa turned off her wolf mode and then coughed. Wyatt went to her and led her inside.

Once we were in, I kept a grip on Wynter's hand as our alpha led us to sit down. I lay my head on my mate's shoulder, her placing her head on top of mine.

"I love you, Wynter Barkowitz. I am so glad I found you." I confessed.

She smiled before placing a gentle kiss to my lips. Her lips were cold, but that was the least of my worries.

"I love you more, Athena Wells. I'm more than happy that if I die, I die beside you." she replied.

I felt tears in my eyes and I let a few fall as I snuggled into my mate for what would be the last time.

I watched as my sister and Zed danced together with the rest of the couples. I smiled, feeling happy that my favorite couple made amends.

Suddenly, the place began to shake and I heard a couple people yell "Earthquake!"

I grabbed Wynter's hand as we stayed close with the pack in order to follow everybody out.

Nothing prepared me for what happened next.