Chapter 1

"I cannot say much, you know they're listening. They got the evolutionists on their side. . .They're coming for you next. I have to send you away. . . No no, not forever. I promise, we'll be back. We love you, Grian."

Grian's eyes cracked open as the sun filled into his base, he yawned and stretched before planting his two feet onto the white concrete ground

Grian's eyes cracked open as the sun filled into his base, he yawned and stretched before planting his two feet onto the white concrete ground. The brown haired boy immediately stumbled towards his ender chest to grab everything he would need for the day ahead. Some golden carrots, elytra and rockets, his trusty diamond sword and a chunk of his diamonds, just in case. Placing his elytra over his head and shoving his carrots and diamonds in his pocket, he shot out of his futuristic base and towards the shopping district of Hermitcraft.

It's been two years since the Hermits landed in this world, and it was quite filled up. The themed districts made it look like a theme park of sorts, which was strange seeing as Hermitland, an actual theme park, existed and was filled with mini games. Nevertheless, Grian loved it all. It was the only world he's ever known.

Some hermits talked about previous versions of the world, they called them 'seasons'. Where the world would reboot itself and start brand new. But Grian was never in these previous worlds, he seemed to materialize with the sixth season with no memories of how he got there at all.

Even though he was a stranger to the other hermits, Grian was accepted into the group with open arms. He grew close to his neighbor, Mumbo Jumbo and even started a group with him! The architechs, the group's official name was called. They invited Iskall to join and the three of them together started their first business, Sahara. Where they sold everything under the sun.

Hey actually that was good, Grian thought to himself, that could be our new slogan! He glided into the Sahara meeting room through the broken window which was never going to get fixed at this point. Grian looked towards the stock boards he created and noticed that sand and gravel was low again. It was always the grind-y materials that were low in stock. The Hermits just seemed to eat them up. That was good though! Yes! The more diamonds spent at Sahara the better.

Grian made a mental note to collect the sand and gravel when he got a chance. Right now, Grian was actually waiting on the other two architechs to show up to have a meeting. Grian actually didn't know what the meeting was for. It was called on by Mumbo, which seemed ironic seeing as he never shows up to Grian's meetings. But that was beside the point. Mumbo scheduled this meeting in an urgent manner, so it must be important.

Grian took his place at his large throne and waited for the other two, who didn't take long to show up. First it was Iskall, who greeted him with a friendly hello, and finally it was the man himself, Mumbo Jumbolio.

"Right," The mustached man spoke up, "Straight to the point, Sahara is broken."

"Again?" Grian's eyebrows furrowed, "I swear I didn't throw a potato in this time!"

"No no, it's worse than that, it looks like someone has tampered with it."

"Sabotage!" Iskall immediately hopped out of his seat, "My bets are on ConCorp! They got to be behind this!"

"Let's not jump to conclusions," Grian responded, "We can blame ConCorp and if they aren't the ones behind it, we could start another Civil War, Corporations Edition. We must be careful of how we handle this."

"Well, what evidence do we have then?" Iskall questioned.

"It seems that there was an explosion that messed up a bit of the redstone," Mumbo said.

"Are we sure this wasn't just a creeper?" Grian piped up, now leaning on the meeting room table.

"I thought about that at first, but that would mean someone was in the warehouse to trigger the creeper. And if that's the case, who was back there?"

"If it was an accident, they would of left a sign," Iskall commented.

Grian groaned, this was a mystery that had a possibility of never being solved. Debating over it would just be a waste of time at this point. He couldn't see why someone would purposely sabotage Sahara, even ConCorp. At the end of the day, everyone were friends and wouldn't blow up people's hard work. Especially a complex system like Sahara.

Iskall was going on about how they should take revenge on ConCorp when Grian finally spoke up, "How much damage was done?"

"Honestly, it looks worse than it is. It'll maybe take a day to get the system back up and running," Mumbo answered.

"Let's just fix it for now and we'll take action if we get anymore evidence on who might of done it, if anyone is to blame at all."

Iskall let out a disappointed sigh but agreed. He really just wanted an excuse to prank someone, but this was not that excuse. It was best not to get one of the most powerful groups on Hermitcraft mad for no reason.

"Right, unless anyone has anything else to talk about, this meeting is done with," Grian stood from his chair which was followed by the other two architechs, who made their way out of the meeting room and towards the warehouse to fix the damage.

Grian was alone again. He stared out the broken window of Sahara over the rest of the building. It was amazing what they could get done, it started as a simple idea into one of the most technologically advanced shops Hermitcraft has ever seen, that is if it ever works.

Grian chuckled at the whole situation that just went down and sat back down in his chair. The room was silent, other than some chirps from the parrots once and awhile. He shut his eyes and rested for a moment.

"Grian!"

His eyes snapped open again as he looked around the room, trying to see who called him. Nobody was nearby though. How odd, I must be hearing things. He thought to himself.

He shook off the strange feeling and left the room, deciding on taking the long way out of Sahara instead of just flying out. He probably just needed some fresh air and a nice walk.

It wasn't not normal to hear someone call your name when nobody's there. It was just some mind trick. A lot of people experience it at least once in their life. So Grian shouldn't be concerned. It wasn't like he was going insane or something.