26: Winning

With the fake love promotions the boys were really busy. Perform here, interview there. They hadn't been able to see their female soulmates in a while. "I think we should see each other before we go to the US." Whispered Namjoon on the phone. They were currently in a M-countdown waiting room. "I really can't hear you babe so text me rather." Replied Jisoo through the phone. As soon as he hang up the film crew came in with their cameras and began filming. The exhausted boys put up a more energetic front. The make up artist and staff who were walking around now became more aware of the cameras and made sure that their faces we're not seen by either moving to cover their faces, or getting out of the frame completely.

They were waiting in a dressing room at M-countdown. Jisoo was presenting with Mika and the public really seemed to love the two. The boys were now backstage for their cue to come on.

"Wow, Nct was amazing right Mika!?" Exclaimed Jisoo reading from her cue cards. "Yeah, it was great, but Unnie Naega neol ikkeuneun boss" Mika said cutely while doing a shot bit of the key choreography. The audience laughed and the girls continued the script. "Jisoo-unnie... I love you." Mika recited in her heavily accented English "Are you sure? Cause I'm so sick of the Fake love!" Jisoo sang making the audience scream when they realised who was next. "Please welcome the next performers!" Started Jisoo "BTS!" they chorused and moved off stage.

When the boys got into the line, their professionalism on show, as they quietly stood on stage to be announced. That was until Jin decided to swat Jungkook's bum, which made him swat Hoseok's butt, and Hoseok swat Yoongi, and Yoongi swat Taehyung. This happened right as the track played, making Taehyung laugh, missing the first few words of the song. To say the boys were amused was an understatement, the boys were so entertained the need to laugh was evident.

Jin kept grinning at Jungkook, Tae kept grinning at Yoongi and the two who didn't understand what was happening—Jimin and Namjoon—were amused at the amount of suppressed giggles and laughs. So when the performance ended and they walked back to the waiting room-

"Yoongi Hyung!" Laughed Taehyung "you distracted me–and I missed my cue!" He whined and Yoongi came over to ruffle the boys hair. "Naww, you're so cute, but it was Hobi's fault for swatting my bum." Explained Yoongi who patted Taehyung's bum before walking towards the couch in their waiting room. "I ONLY SWATTED YOONGI-HYUNG'S BUM BECAUSE KOOKIE SWATTED MINE!" Yelled Hoseok who was getting his makeup retouched. "Jin-hyung swatted my bum." Replies Jungkook quickly before drinking water. "Yeah, I did swat Jungkook." Laughed Jin, who was now massaging Jimin's shoulder.

Jimin had been working a bit too hard lately and his shoulders were beginning to hurt. Namjoon walked up to the two handing Jin a pain reliever patch, "Replace the old one quickly if it's too sore." Said Namjoon before getting pulled away by a hair stylist.

"YOU'RE BACK ON STAGE IN 7 MINUTES!!" Shouts a director, making Jin quickly tell Jimin to follow him to the dressing room so he could switch the patch.

Everyone was now lead on to the stage for the announcing of the M countdown award winner. The duo, Jisoo and Mika, first began congratulating the performed and talking about the show as read on the cue card. "So, the award of tonight goes to..." Mika paused looking towards the camera in silence, acting like she was about to say who won with her hand stretch out. "If your not gonna say then I will-" started Jisoo leading the both to say "BTS FAKE LOVE!!"

Confetti exploded onto the stage as the trophy was handed from Jisoo to Jin who was standing closest to her. Namjoon then began speaking "Aah, yes. Thank you so much for this award, we couldn't have done this without ARMY-" The mic cut Namjoon's speech off which made Mika hold her mic towards the leader so he could speak. "Thank you." He quickly said to her and continued his speech "Umm, we couldn't have done this with out ARMY and we really hope you enjoyed this performance. This award doesn't belong to us, it belongs to you so feel proud." He said and looked towards the members who moved away signalling they didn't want to say anything. Their song began to play for their encore stage and all the remaining idols began to clear the stage while bowing towards BTS, who bowed back. Just as Jisoo and Mika were about to leave, Hoseok called them to stay for the encore stage.

———————––

Hi thanks so much for reading. I love reading all your comments it really keeps me going on this. I've been reading a whole lot, and I hope you have been too. Sorry this update is late, I don't really have an excuse except that I am lazy and like to procrastinate.

Please stay safe and healthy, wash your hands regularly and only go out if it's necessary.

I love, I'll try update more often.