Can't Help Falling In Love

It has been 15 minutes since Mew went to the restroom with Kaownah. Gulf started to worry as the two boys took so long to be in the restroom. 

Gulf was about to stand up to check on the boys, when he heard a familiar voice talking through the microphone. 

He looked up to the stage, and there, he saw Mew and Kaownah standing proudly. Mew taking over the microphone, and Kaownah preparing the keyboard, as if he is going to play it. 

Gulf was confused by what is happening, Mild who notices everything told Gulf to calm down, take a seat, and listen to what Mew is about to say. 

Mew was nervous about everything, although this is not the first time he is going to perform in front of so many people. But what he is going to do tonight, will make a change in his life, hence why he is more anxious. 

"Good evening everyone. I am Mew, and this is my friend, Kaownah", Mew said through the mic, introducing himself to the audience. 

"Tonight, I am going to take over the stage for not more than 10 minutes. What I am about to do tonight, will change my relationship with someone, either for the better, or worst. Even if it will turn out negative, I would still like to take a chance, because there is at least one percent that it will turn out positive."

"I would like to dedicate this song to someone who has been owning my heart for over a month now. He is sitting over there, somewhere in this room."

"G, I want you to know that I am serious about us. I have never felt this way with anyone before. You might not know it, but you are the first person that makes me want to work hard, just to make you mine. I wanted to show you that I am worth it, and I am willing to go through everything with you, G."

"G, I hope you like this song, and everyone else too, please enjoy my performance"

Gulf listens to every bits of what Mew said, he took in everything. He have an idea of what Mew is about to do, but he wasn't so sure yet. He look at Mew, and he can see the sincerity in his eyes. 

Kaownah start to move his fingers to play the keyboard, and it lets outs a beautiful tune. 

Wise man say

Only fools rush in 

But I can't help falling in love with you

Shall I stay?

Would it be a sin?

If I can't help falling in love with you

Mew softly sings through the song, while looking at Gulf, lovingly. 

Gulf was mesmerized by Mew's voice. He never expect Mew to sing this song beautifully, as he always heard him sing R&B genres. No one knows how much Gulf love listening to Mew singing, except Mild. 

Like a river flows surely to the sea 

Darling so it goes 

Some things are meant to be 

Take my hand, take my whole life too 

For I can't help falling in love with you

As Mew sang the last line of the song, he walked over to Gulf, knelt down in front of him, took Gulf's hand into him, and ask the question he's been dying to ask since the first time he lay down his eyes on Gulf. 

"G, I love you so much. I can't stand another day, thinking that there is a possibility of other people taking you away from me. I don't want anyone else to be in your arms, to kiss your lips, and to hold your hands. G, be mine?"

Gulf was speechless by things that are happening to him right now. He never thought that this day will come, where his long time crush confessed that he loves him, and that he wants him to be his boyfriend. 

Mew was worried by Gulf's silent, so he called him by the endearment he gave him, "G?"

Gulf snapped out of his deep thoughts, and look at Mew lovingly, as he nod his head, indicating that yes, he wants to be his boyfriend. 

Mew pull Gulf into a tight hug, he was more than happy that Gulf agreed to be his boyfriend. 

"I promise you won't regret this, G."

Before Mew start mumbling, Gulf put his hands on Mew's cheeks, pull his head closer to him, pressing their foreheads together as he start kissing him softly. Mew was shocked by Gulf's action, but he close his eyes, as he kiss him back. 

Gulf and Mew were brought back to reality when they heard someone hummed loudly. 

"Au, you guys can continue eating each other later naa. Now let's finish our foods and go home. It's late", Mild said teasingly. Kaownah who was now sitting next to Mild laugh at the two couple, as he can see how they were shy at what Mild said. 

"Congratulations naa our Gulfiee~", Mild congratulated him, and he continue, "You finally got the love of your life to be yours."

Gulf's eyes turned wide at what Mild said, and he kicked him under the table. Mew, who was confused by Mild's statement can't help but to ask what he meant by "the love of Gulf's life". 

"Nothing! Are we done? Let's go home.. I'm sleepy~", Gulf answered,trying to change the subject before Mild spill more of his secret.

*****

Mew drove Gulf home, as they reach the front gate of Gulf's house, he went out from the driver's seat, and run to the other side of the car, to open the door for Gulf. 

"I can open it myself you know", Gulf said, as he chuckled at Mew's action of trying to be romantic. 

"I know, but I want to do it for my princess", Mew said, with a cheeky smile on his face. 

"You are such a sweet talker, Mew", Gulf scoffed, as he closed the door. "I'll go in now na? Drive safe. Text me when you reach home", he continued, as he drop a kiss on Mew's cheeks. 

Mew, who was shocked by Gulf's brave move, pulled him into a hug and kissed his forehead as he rubbed Gulf's back. "I will. See you soon", he said, pulling away from the hug slowly. Gulf nodded, and soon enter his house. 

******

Mew sent a text to Gulf as soon as he reach home, not wanting his other half to be worried. He lay down on his bed, still can't believe that Gulf agreed to be his boyfriend. 

Gulf on the other side, still feeling giddy about the fact that Mew Suppasit, his long time crush is now his boyfriend for real. Now, he can fulfilled all the things he imagined he wanted to do with Mew for real, and not just in his imagination. 

Who would have thought that the wait was all worth it? Gulf and Mew both can't wait to face everything in the future together. They promise to make this relationship work, and to stay together for  very long time. 

Sometimes, you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time.

****** 

The end

******