Lullaby

"So what are we thinking of doing today?" I sit in the chair at Envision Salon. I thought it was about time to get my hair done. "I want something fun, not too crazy but also daring. I don't really care what color it is, just have fun with it. I'd like to keep the length but you can trim it a bit." She smiles, giddy and clapping her hands. "I'm so excited! Just have fun is the best words any stylist can hear!" She runs to the back, mixing up the colors. I can't even tell you the last time I got my hair done, it's been years. After many aluminum foils, washes, and coughs between the stench of hair dye, it's done. A quick blow dry and soft curl later, my deep, dark brown hair is a dark gray with hints of purple. "Wow.." I look in the mirror, fingers through my hair. "I love it! It looks perfect with your darker skin tone." I smile, it really does. The brown and hint of green in my eyes are bright. I walk outside, putting my sunglasses on, a selfie capturing the purple and gray tones in my new hair. 

@ emmarchesi life's too short to have boring hair. 

I post it to instagram and twitter, flaunting my new color. I can't stop looking at it in the rearview mirror as I drive back to the apartment. Liz is gonna flip. It took forever since she lightened almost my entire head and my hair is down past my boobs now. Long hair is hard to deal with when it comes to any kind of hair-do but I love that I can braid it long in French braids, throw it up in a messy bun or what have you. The elevator pings for our floor and the doors open wide. Liz sits on the couch with Von binge watching some show. She jumps when she sees me and my new hair color. "Holy shit I LOVE!!!!" She runs over, playing with it. "Dude I know." I laugh. "You look HAWT!" I chuckle, bringing my stuff to my room. My phone dings, 

@ collinpatrickwalsh liked your photo. 

@cpatrickwalsh liked your tweet.

@ cpatrickwalsh retweeted your tweet. 

Geez man, don't make it obvious. I roll my eyes at his many notifications on my phone, laying down on my bed, I open up instagram. 600 likes on my picture...Jesus. The comments are insane.

@ beccarose are you and Collin dating? 

@ joaniee LOVE this color on you! Some one else does too (; 

@cpatrickwalsh looks good (:

The heart eyes emoji on Collin's comment makes my heart dance. It's obvious, but neither of us are saying it at all. I like the secretiveness in it, but I like how it's only going to last for so long. I hear a knock on my door. 

"Hey, got a second?" Von walks in. I nod, he sits in my chair across the room, swinging in it, staring at me. "What?" I laugh, sitting up on my bed. "I got Liz passes to Warped. Like tour passes so she can come with us the entire tour. I wanted to see if she would actually be into it? I'm so nervous around her and I figured I'd ask you." He looks so innocent. This big, burly man telling me HE gets nervous around HER? "She'll love it." I'm kinda sad Collin didn't tell me they were going on Warped. Or get me a pass to go with him. Maybe I'm slightly overreacting. I shake of the thought and turn back to Von. "Don't worry, he'll ask." He winks leaving my room, how did he know? It's been three months since we talked on my moms couch at Christmas. They've been so busy with writing and touring, we haven't really seen each other much. Today is the first time I've seen Von too. I didn't know they had time off today. And like the, my phone rings. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey it's me! Get changed, I'm picking you up in 10!" He hangs up right after he says it. I toss my phone on my bed and look for something to change into. Liz comes in the door and sits on my bed. "We're going to the fair!!!!" Every year, once the weather is nice out, the waterfront has a huge fair set up through the summer. Games, rides, and lots of food vendors. I pull on some black ripped jeans, a black fall out boy t-shirt and my green cardigan. "Liz have you seen my docs?" I look through my closet trying to find my red pair of doc Martens. "I have them!" She runs into her room and hands them to me. "Now I know where to look when things go missing." I joke. I'm slightly bigger than her so sometimes my clothes don't fit her. But since she's been dating Von, she's added some pounds, in the best possible places though. Neither of us have been little skinny girls, we've always been curvy. I don't think the number matters much. My stomach is toned but I have wider hips and thighs. If it came down to it, I think I would weigh more than Collin does, but it doesn't bother me. I hope it doesn't bother him.