Chapter Six

I heard heels hitting the floor making me turn around. I wasn't going to lie and say that Aria wasn't gorgeous because she was. I felt my pants tighten slightly, I cleared my throat and looked away. The dress she picked was stunning. It fit her body perfectly and was fit to her curves.

"You look good", I said to her, turning around and fixing my vest.

"Thank you. You don't like too bad yourself", she said.

She walked towards the mirror and put her earrings on. I grabbed my phone and slipped it in my pocket.

"Are you ready?", I asked her.

She nodded walking towards me and I opened the front door. Locking it behind me and putting the key in my pocket. We walked down the long deck until we reached the lobby of the check-in. We walked out and got a cab to take us to our destination. I was starving and I wanted to get and go home. I didn't want to talk about myself or hear about Aria during dinner. The cab came to a stop, I paid the driver and got out the car. I helped Aria out of the car, she thanked me.

I placed my hand on the small of her back and lead her inside. Just because I didn't want to get to know Aria doesn't mean I wasn't going to be a gentleman when I needed to be. I wasn't going to walk in front of her. We walked inside, I told the man at the front desk my name. He led us to a table in the middle, I thanked him as he set two menus on the table. I held the chair for Aria back, she thanked me and sat down and I pushed her in. I sat down in front of her, she gave me a small smile before looking at her menu. I look around the menu and tried to decide what I wanted.

"Wine?", the waiter asked.

"Yes, sir", I said. I thanked him as he poured Aria and me a glass.

We ordered our food shortly after and we ate in silence. I took a sip of my wine, and Aria cleared her throat.

"So, I know that you don't want to know me. I get it, I wouldn't want to marry a woman who I don't know either.", Aria began.

I looked up at her, she was looking at me with a small smile on her face. I felt bad but I wasn't going to let her in. I didn't want her to know anything about me. She knew what she needed and that was that. I did try avoiding looking at her, though I didn't look at women much. I was still a man, and when a man sees a good looking woman, his mind can't go from wondering.

"Can you at least talk to me like a human. It doesn't have to be as your wife but please can we at least talk like human beings", Aria said.

"Of course. I'm sorry.", I said.

Aria took a sip of her wine and set it down.

"You enjoying the trip?", I asked her.

I guess I could have a normal conversation with Aria without talking about myself. It was weird talking to her, legally she was my wife, and the thought made me uncomfortable.

"I am. The view of the house is absolutely beautiful. This place is amazing as well", Aria said looking around.

The place was nice, everyone was dressed well. My father set this honeymoon thing up well. I told him I didn't want anything to do with it. Everything was beautiful, I couldn't lie about that. Aria was careful with the conversation, she didn't try to find out too much. She told me somethings about her that I didn't really want to know or care to know but I listened anyway. I caught myself staring at her and quickly turned my attention elsewhere.

We now on our third bottle of wine and I felt tipsy. It was true when they say wine gets you drunker. Aria and I were laughing, I could tell we were both feeling it. I paid the waiter and we left, we walked to a small bar closer to where we were staying. We ordered a few beers and talked.

"This trip is amazing", Aria giggled, taking a sip of her beer.

I laughed and chugged half of my beer. I turned and Aria was dancing to the music where she was standing. I watched as her body moved to the music. That girl could move, her body swaying to the beat. I drank my beer slowly watching her move. She turned to me and smiled, she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the dance floor. They didn't play upbeat music which I was glad about. The songs were somewhat slow.

Aria grabbed my beer from and set it on a table as she led me to the floor. I didn't want to dance, and even drunk I still didn't want Aria to think that this would go anywhere. She turned around and put her hand on my shoulder.

"I don't dance", I told her.

"Shh. That's a lie, you danced at our wedding", she smiled.

We danced for a little while, my hand on the small of her back. Her skin was soft and smooth. After we danced we decided to walk back to the house. Things seemed to be moving fast every step I took.

It had been a while since I was last gotten drunk. After Greta passed, I was in a dark place. I didn't talk to anyone or do anything. I drank as soon as I woke up and I drank until I passed out. When it came to doing business, I nearly beat a few men to death. It wasn't a good place that I was in. I had just lost my wife, the person who I loved more than anyone in the world. The woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with and she was taken away from me. Even now, I won't find peace with myself or anyone until I figure out who hurt her. Who killed her.

I leaned against the door when we got to the door. Aria looked at me.

"I need the key", she said.

"It's in my pocket", I mumbled not wanting to move.

Aria reached into my pocket, she grabbed the key. I stopped her and she was right in front of me. She looked at me and gave me a small smile.

"I have to open the door", Aria whispered.

I put my fingers underneath her dress straps and traced it down to the middle. She sucked in her breath and I looked down at her. The next thing I knew, my lips were pressed against hers.