Chapter Eleven

"Congratulations", I told my brother who called and told me he and his girlfriend were having a baby. I was happy for him and I knew that this was something he wanted for a long time. Riviera was nice and I liked her a lot. My sister, Riviera, and Greta would hang out all the time, especially during family events.

After I got off the phone with Lorenzo, I sat down on the couch. Aria walked in wearing a sundress with a sun hat. She stopped in front of me, "Aren't you going to get ready for the boat ride?", she asked. Shit. That was today. I've been so upset about Aria looking at the pictures of Greta, I haven't spoken to her. During dinner, I'd make food and then take my food outside or in a room that she wasn't in.

I got up and walked into the bathroom, I changed into shorts and a shirt. I walked out and grabbed the house key. "Come on", I said. Aria followed, we walked down the deck to the main lobby and out to the parking lot to the car I had rented a few days after we had got here. I opened the door for Aria and she thanked me. I got in then pulled out of the parking lot and drove to where we needed to be. When we got there I helped Aria get out of the car and we walked towards a small building.

We got inside and I instantly felt the cool breeze from the air conditioner that was on. Aria walked towards the front desk and handed them to tickets. I looked around to see boats tied up on decks. I saw a couple get in one, they looked excited. I turned my attention to Aria who walked towards me smiling. She was always smiling, I had no idea why. She always seemed happy.

"Come on", she said.

We walked out of the building and a man waved us down. We walked towards him and he gave us a bright smile. "Hello, I'm Josh. I will be your tour guide for today", he said.

He held out his hand and I took it giving it a firm shake. He shook Aria's hand then put his hands together.

"You guys are the Morellos, correct?", Josh asked.

"Yes, we are.", Aria said.

Josh nodded then led us down towards the water. We walked down the deck until we got to a boat. It was fairly big and it was nice, it had a cooler inside and seats in front and back of the boat. We got in and sat down. Josh offered us some champagne, he handed us a glass before getting behind the wheel of the boat.

••••

"That's the end of the tour", Josh said.

I was surprised at how beautiful these places were. I didn't care for being in a boat but getting the see different spots and views was nice. Aria enjoyed them, she'd snap pictures of them and gasp when saw them. We got to see sharks swim around the boat, Aria was amazed by it. Her eyes lit up every time she saw them swimming or when we'd get to a new part of the island.

She was like a little kid in a candy store. I could tell she enjoyed it, she loved everything about her. She would gasp, and when she was looking at the view her lips would part slightly. Her eyes would flicker and light up. Her lips would form into a smile and her face would show that she was happy. She looked so happy.

While we were riding back Aria slid over to me.

"Thank you for letting us do this.", she said.

I gave her a small smile, I wanted to stay mad at her for what she did but for some reason I couldn't. Even though I didn't want to believe she didn't look at those pictures on purpose, I had to.

Aria rested her head on my shoulder and sighed softly. I looked down to see her, her hair blowing in the wind. I shook my head slightly before turning my attention to the water, watching us past by it. It still didn't feel right for Aria to rest her head on my chest, I felt uncomfortable because my mind always brings me to Greta. I can't get over the fact that Greta is gone and she shouldn't be. It should Greta here with me instead of Aria. I know that's mean to think about but it's how I feel. But I can't change anything, even if I wish I could.