Chapter Thirteen

I sat down behind my desk and Lorenzo laid on the small couch I had in my office. He was playing with a tennis ball, throwing it up in the air and catching it. I looked through some of the stacks of papers on my desk.

"So how was the honeymoon?", Lorenzo asked.

"It was okay, the place was nice. Aria kept trying to talk to me", I said without looking up from the papers.

"Gio, you can't just ignore the girl. You have to talk to her she's a human being.", Lorenzo sighed.

I glanced at him he was looking at me, he broke eye contact and continued playing with the tennis ball. Lorenzo was a lot nicer than me when it came to stuff like this. I opened my laptop and looked through my emails until I saw Henry's name pop up. I opened up a message and began to type what happened with Enzo. I sent it then sat back in my chair.

"I kissed her", I blurted. Lorenzo looked up before turning his head towards me. A smirk appeared on his face and he sat up. "You kissed her?", he asked seeming interested now. He stood up and sat in a chair in front of my desk.

"I was drunk and I kissed her. She doesn't know that I remember so let's keep it that way", I told him.

Lorenzo laughed. "Well, how was it?", he moved his eyebrows up and down. I hugged and he laughed and adjusted himself in his seat. I couldn't believe this.

"It was just a kiss and it's never going to happen again", I pointed my finger towards him.

"We'll see. Well, now you at least have to talk to her. I mean, kissing her and pretending you don't remember is kinda harsh.", Lorenzo smirked. He always had the devilish smirk. He'd smirk for everything that entertained him but the ladies love so I guess that's why he does it.

"I don't know. It happened and I want to forget it.", I told him.

He sighed. "Gio, be nice. She's a nice girl and she hasn't done anything to her. Her family, yes but her, no", Lorenzo said standing up. "Listen, Riviera and I are having a celebration on our pregnancy at the house. You should come and bring Aria, Riviera wants to meet her", Lorenzo smiled.

"Of course. I'll be there", I told him.

Lorenzo tapped the desk before walking out of my office. I huffed and ran my fingers through my hair. I looked to see a photo of Greta on my desk. It was on our wedding day and she was smiling holding her bouquet of flowers.

"Greta?", I smiled when Greta turned around. She wrapped her arms around me and kissed me.

"I can't believe we're married!", she said happily. Greta is the love of my life and I would do anything to keep her happy. I pushed a strain of hair out of her face and behind her ear.

"I can't believe it either. I am the luckiest man in the world", I pressed my head against hers. Greta looked absolutely beautiful in her wedding dress. She still made my heart beat just a little faster after all this time together. I kissed Greta's head.

"Mrs. Greta Morello", Great had the biggest smile on her face. "I like the sound of that",

I chuckled and nodded, "I do too and I wouldn't have it any other way", I said.

"Picture time!", Valeria said clapping her hands together. I turned around and groaned, I didn't like pictures. Valeria reached for both Greta and my hand. She took us to a spot where the photographer was. Greta and I took a few pictures together then some by ourselves. Some relatives took pictures with us and then we did one with everybody.

The photographer shows us the pictures. "I like this one a lot", Greta said pointing to a picture of her and me kissing.

"I like this one", I said pointing to a picture of Greta by herself smiling holding her bouquet of flowers. I looked at Greta and she smiled at me. I gave her a wink before wrapping my arm around her.

"You guys will get the photos once I process them", the photographer said. We nodded before walking away and Greta taking me to the dance floor.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and I wrapped mine around her waist. We swayed side to side, Greta smiling and laughing. She was beautiful in everything she did. I am deeply in love with her. "I am so very much in love with you Greta Elaine," I whispered placing a kiss on her lips.

"And I am very much in love with you too, Giovanni Matteo", she smiled. Matteo was my father's name and my middle name. I grabbed Greta's hand and spun her around making her giggle. I brought her closer to me and placed soft kisses on her neck before pressing my head against hers.

"I can't until we grow old together", Greta's eyes light up slightly.

"I can't wait either. I will love you for the rest of my life.", I said kissing her head.

I set Greta's picture down and sat back in my chair. I missed her every minute of every day. She was the love of my life and she meant everything to me. She made me a better person and now that's she's gone, I don't think I could ever be that better person again. No matter what happened in the future I would never stop loving Greta. Ever.