Chapter 5

Demi's pov

I threw myself face first onto my bed and buried my face into my pillows as I let out a scream into the fabric. It felt good to just to get my emotions out in the open after the long and draining day I had.

I couldn't really believe I had seen Joe today. I had pictured seeing him a million times before and what I would say to him. I had pictured myself cursing him out or just ignoring him like he was nothing at all but even I know that it's impossible when it comes to him. We have a special friendship and the love for him will always be there no matter how hard I try to ignore it.

Not to mention the movie audition took a lot out of my today. It was for a lead role countering Zac Efron. It could be a really momentous opportunity for me.

Ding!

I heard my phone go off with a twitter DM. That was weird considering I only had my account set to dm people I follow or who follow me. I'm not sure who would be trying to get ahold of me at 12:30 AM. I picked up my phone and saw it was a dm from Joe.

Hey Dems, I enjoyed your company today. I've missed you and hope all is well.

Ugh, typical.

I mean don't get me wrong I have love for the man, I really do. I have since I was fifteen years old but where does he get the nerve to send me a message like this at this hour. He's a married man now. It's not just the typical "we got into a fight and fell out because of our careers and now we want to rekindle our relationship" thing that we have done off and on since 2007. It's different now because he's married. That's what hurts the most to me.

As I saw thinking about what I should reply to him or if I should even reply to him I couldn't help but thing back to simpler times. My mind wandered to when we had a wonderful friendship and things were perfect between us.

Flashback

December 2007

Mid-filming Camp Rock, Toronto

"Joe, are you ever gonna stop tapping?" Nick complained.

"Sorry it's a habit," Joe said as he stopped tapping his empty water bottle on the table.

"Yeah it was getting really annoying," Kevin said.

"Hey, maybe I'm just practicing making beats for my upcoming DJ career," he joked as he began tapping again.

I chuckled.

"I'm all for it Joe," I said as I began tapping my hand on the table to join in on his beat followed by my half full water bottle.

The joking carried on for another 3 to 5 minutes long until everyone else was no longer amused and it was just us.

"Oh my God, what are we doing?" I laughed.

"I don't know," Joe said.

I stood up from the table.

"Now a solo," I joked as he began to bring the beat in and I started dancing goofily.

"Wow," Phil said as he walked by our table. "And to think you couldn't even film one scene together just a month ago," he joked. "Make sure you guys hurry, their almost ready for you," he said before leaving.

-

"Cut! Alright, fabulous, everybody take five!" Tom yelled as we cut the scene.

I started to walk off and get a drink when I felt myself become pulling behind a tree.

"What the-?" I was interrupted by Joe's lips once again touching mine in the most perfect way.

Oh no, was this happening again? What was this happening for? I was so confused. We'd just started to develop a really strong friendship.

This time the kiss was different though. He kissed me like he meant it. He kissed me with purpose. This kiss was spontaneous but also perfect. He didn't allow this to get cut short despite the short break we were supposed to be taking. He didn't just kiss me really quick he kissed me with passion. I'd kissed boys before but there was NO boy in Texas who kissed like that.

That's when I knew Joe was my soul mate. Whether we ended up together or not I knew that this was who I was supposed to be with. All my troubles stopped around him. I knew right there we were far from over.

It was going to be both the best love I'd ever experienced in my life but also the worst pain when it was over.

"Okay, everybody back!" Tom called.

Joe finally pulled away.

"I hope that was okay. I've been waiting for a long time to do that again," he said with an excited smile.

"Yeah i-it was," I said smiling back but trying not to let my nervous nature get in the way

"Here, you go our first and I'll follow soon so they don't think this is weird," he said.

I nodded my head as I headed back to the set still trying to fathom everything that had truly just happened. I didn't know what this meant for us or for our friendship.

At that point all I knew was that I really liked Joe. I liked him as much as my fifteen year old self could like any guy and then maybe some more. At the beginning of this journey I had just seemed to compare myself to other girls who thought they knew him but it wasn't just his looks I liked or even his music. It was his soul and who he was. It was his sense of humor, his kindness, his character. Those were the things that made him the most attractive to me.

I just wish I knew what the future had in store at that point. I was at least mature enough to know that it wouldn't be like having a boyfriend back in Texas. This was a whole new ballpark.

It was going to be a blessing and a curse.

—————————————————
I know this is a little shorter than what they have been but trust me the next 5 will be crazy! Keep your notifications on!