Chapter 8

Joe's pov

"Can we take a break?" I said into the mic as I heard my phone go off.

"Come on dude," Nick said in an irritated voice. "This is your third break this hour," he said.

"I know, I'm sorry," I said ignoring his tone and walking over to my cell phone.

It was Demi again. We'd actually been having a steady conversation for the past couple days. Sure, it was just small talk and sharing memes back & forth with her back & forth but it was nice to have our old relationship back, or at least to pretend like we did.

"So since were taking a break is it cool if Dani and the girls come in for a moment?" Kevin asked.

"Sure, why not?" Nick said. "I'm gonna go FaceTime MY wife that I have seen in a couple weeks and am not with right now since I'm here with you guys who can't seem to get any work done," He finished as he walked out of the room dialing the phone.

I felt bad but I didn't want to stop talking to Demi. For the first time in months I finally started to feel excited about life again. We were always meant to be close friends and life without Demi was hard. For as long as I can remember we had always been so very close. It's hard after thirteen years of a friendship and dating off and on to just forget somebody in your life. I texted Demi back and put my phone down.

"Uncle Joe!" I heard Alena and Valentina came into the studio happily running towards me ready to give me a hug.

"Hi babies," I said lowering myself down to their level and joining in their group hug. "I've missed you!" I said.

"Hey babe," Kevin said pecking Danielle on the lips. "Hi girls," he said waving to them over his guitar with a proud smile on his face.

 "Hi girls," he said waving to them over his guitar with a proud smile on his face

After we all talking and relaxed for a minute Nick came back in.

"Alright, you guys ready to make some music?" He asked.

"Sure are," I said going to the mic.

"Ditto," Kevin said picking his guitar back up.

"Alright girl, have a seat and play while Daddy practices," she said grabbing to Barbie dolls out of her purse and handing them to each of my nieces to play with.

I tried to rehearse my songs but my mind was somehow just flooded with tons of Demi. Then I watched as the girls played with their barbies as I tried to think of something other than Demi. All that did was bring my mind back to when Demi and I first saw our Camp Rock merchandise and our barbies. Then it led me to thinking back to what happened after that.

Flashback

January 2008

End of filming Camp Rock, Toronto

"Demi! Joe! Come here!" Phil said. "I have a surprise for you!"

Demi and I hurried off the set and over to the bench where Phil was sitting at. He had the biggest grin on his face and I wasn't sure what exactly he was hiding behind his back at that point.