Chapter 33

Demi's pov

"Is the corner okay for you?" Miley asked me as we got our drinks from Coffee Bean.

"Yeah, that's fine," I said taking a seat.

"So what's new in your world?" Miley asked biting into a strawberry.

"So, you know some ol' same old- staying sober, writing music, trying to stay in recovery and be healthy

"So, you know some ol' same old- staying sober, writing music, trying to stay in recovery and be healthy. I met this guy Max at the gym you know how I box and stuff. Uh, he's kind of a fan but not like weird about it. I accidentally punched him in the face," I said raising an eyebrow as I told the story. "Anyways, I know you don't read tabloids but I'm sure you know I kind of was back with Joe for a second, not sure what was going on with that," I said slipping that in there.

I knew Miley would have an opinion on that. It's not that Miley hated Joe, in fact she loved Joe like a brother. She would just be disappointed in me for sleeping with him knowing he was married because he know that wasn't who I was or what I was about- nor was he.

"But back to Max, he invited me to his apartment to box and like he's cool but I think something happened when he tried to kiss me and I just like couldn't. I don't know, it was so weird," I told her.

"Okay, two questions," Miley said after I finished catching her up on what had been happening in my life.

"First off, why the fuck are you sleeping with Joe when he has a wife? Second, you might not like me for this one Demi but it has to be said

"First off, why the fuck are you sleeping with Joe when he has a wife? Second, you might not like me for this one Demi but it has to be said. When are you going to let yourself heal and be okay being alone?" She asked me.

I bit my lip as I sipped my coffee. She brought up a great point.

"Do I need to remind you kindly of what happened when you got so upset about you and Joe breaking up one of a million times and then you were one of a million girls who had been victimized by predator ass John Mayer and you had to fuck my b-b-.. I cant even say it," she stopped her self pretending to make puke noises but I knew she was referring to her brother Trace and the one night fling I had with him in 2009.

"Okay, I get it Miley," I said. "You make a very valid point. I need to focus on myself," I said.

She wasn't wrong. Besides Joe and our unhealthy thirteen year on again, off again, secretive then public then secret again relationship which was really hard I had always ran to different little flings between because I had never been content by myself or in my loneliness and rant was something I struggled with.