12 | Creepy, yes, but still cute

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

"I did it! I fucking nailed the test!" Jungkook slammed his copy on the table, causing a few students to glare at him. With an apologetic smile, he took a seat next to Y/n. "Thank you."

The young woman examined the copy, impressed by Jungkook's work. She handed it back to him and sighed in relief, glad that the few sessions they had so far turned out to be useful.

"You did it, don't thank me." Y/n smiled widely "I knew you'd succeed!" Jungkook's lips turned into a shy smile, causing her heart to melt a little.

"So, I was thinking we could skip the tutoring for once and actually have some fun. What do you say?"

"I guess you deserve it." The (h/c)-haired shrugged.

In the end, both Jungkook and Y/n were headed to a nearby fast-food. When they reached the small place, they were pleasingly surprised to discover that there were no other customers. In no time, their order was served. While savoring the burgers, they wouldn't stop talking and joking around.

"Can you believe that I actually came to enjoy your presence? We've come a long way." The girl pointed out while taking a handful of french fries. Jungkook, whose mouth was full, agreed with a bob of his head. "Hanging out with you isn't so bad."

Rolling his eyes, the boy wiped his mouth with a tissue then spoke. "You were the hostile one in the first place. I never hated you."

Y/n frowned, wondering whether he had a brain or not. "You blackmailed me, was that supposed to make me like you?"

Realizing the stupidity of his own behavior, Jungkook chuckled. "Alright, I was an ass. But in my defense, you weren't exactly nice during our first encounter!"

Looking back, Y/n admitted she might have been annoying. "Do you still have the letter?"

Jungkook nodded. "Sitting on my desk. I guess I should throw it—"

"No!" The girl exclaimed rather aggressively. Quickly, she cleared her throat and shook her head. "Sorry. I just thought it would be great if you could give it back to me."

The young man paused. Come to think of it, he had no reason to keep the love letter. Y/n and him were pretty much friends now; how could the letter be useful? It was pointless, so he promised to give it back.

However, a part of him didn't like the fact that she wanted the letter back. She managed to talk to Hoseok, so why would she need it anyway? That miserable sheet of paper caused Y/n and Jungkook to interact in the first place. Soon, the tutoring lessons would be over. No more love letter, no more tutoring; then what? No reason for Y/n to even look at Jungkook, and it bothered him more than he wanted to.

"What are you going to do with it?"

Y/n blushed. "Probably keep it forever with me, just as a souvenir."

"A souvenir?" Jungkook smirked, quite amused. "Are you one of those hoarders who can't throw anything away?"

She sighed. "I wouldn't say that, but I do have a hard time throwing my personal belongings."

"Such as a love letter?"

"I mean, it might be fun to stumble upon it in ten years and think of how desperate I was in college!"

Jungkook laughed. "You aren't desperate though. Writing a letter is actually cute—somehow."

Suddenly, Y/n's joyful expression vanished. She looked serious, much to Jungkook's surprise who didn't expect her to care about his statement.

Eventually, she broke the uncomfortable silence with a sigh. "Let's say a twenty-one years old slides a love letter in your backpack without you knowing, would you find it cute?"

"Creepy, yes, but still cute. Depending on the writing and the writer, obviously." Earning nothing but a confused glare, Jungkook kept going on. "If you had written a letter for me, it would've made me happy."

Taken aback by such words, Y/n stared at him, dumbfounded. Strangely enough, she felt proud and content with his statement.

"R—right!" she forced a laugh, dying to change the subject and hide her genuine reaction "Shall we order dessert?"

~ ♡ ~

The fast-food outing with Jungkook brought a sense of lightness to Y/n's day. The conversation flowed naturally, and the casual atmosphere between them made it an enjoyable experience. Thanks to that, she was in a great mood the next day.

"Let's go on a date! But this time, a real date," Hoseok suggested, his eyes filled with enthusiasm.

"A real date?" Y/n repeated, slightly taken aback and unsure of the exact meaning behind his words.

Hoseok was taking a chance, motivated by the positive interactions they had been sharing lately. Y/n, with her charm and kindness, had caught his attention, and he was ready to express his feelings more explicitly.

Meanwhile, Jungkook and Namjoon happened to pass by in the hallways. Jungkook noticed Y/n and Hoseok talking and felt a pang of discomfort. As Hoseok left, seemingly excited, Y/n remained behind, her face displaying genuine happiness. Jungkook couldn't help but observe her from a distance, his thoughts swirling with a mix of emotions.

"Jungkook, wait up! I have to tie my shoelaces," Namjoon called out.

The black-haired boy stopped walking, waiting for his friend to be done. His gaze wouldn't leave Y/n's figure; he had full view on her face and the silly expression she had on.She looked genuinely happy. Perhaps he asked her on a date again? It would explain the stupid smile plastered on her face. 

"Done. Let's go."This time, Jungkook averted his eyes from his female friend, silently following Namjoon. Throughout their short walk to the dorms, he couldn't shake off the lingering thoughts of Y/n and Hoseok together.

Out of impulse, he took out his phone and searched a particular contact. Petty, jealous and irresponsible; he told Hana to meet him later that night.

~ ♡ ~

"I know what you're trying to do."

Nayeon checked her reflection in the compact mirror, making sure no hair was out of place. "What is it?"

Sitting on the bleachers, Taehyung averted his eyes from Nayeon to focus on the football field. "I saw you fawning over Hoseok and try to get his attention."

"So?" She put her mirror down, her light brown eyes now scanning the deserted field. "He's cute, I like him."

"But he's taken."

"Trust me honey, I would've known."

"Well, I'm telling you now."

Nayeon clicked her tongue. "Are you jealous or something?"

"Jealous?" Taehyung snickered. "I'd prefer thoughtful. Here am I, desperately trying to avoid a heartbroken Nayeon!"

"Stop being so petty. What's your deal?" The pink-haired was now fully looking at him. "You're being nosy, as usual."

"I just want to make sure you won't be a threat to my best friend's flourishing relationship."

Taehyung left her no time to answer, running down the bleachers, going back on the field where his teammates were gathering. He knew Nayeon would leave soon, so he turned around to have a full view of her and addressed the girl with a playful wink. Clearly upset, she ignored him and walked away.

✭☆