✨Rivals Pt. 2 || Cooper x Reader✨

Thank you @Raijin_75 for this amazing piece of artwork that I found three seconds ago that is amazingly fitting for this honestly. Though the girl in the middle could also be a boy since I wrote this with a gender neutral tone. But yeah thank you for 143 views already holy crap!

I was terrified of the silence that engulfed the car ride home, my hands sweaty as I clutched my skateboard. Tobi made sure I hadn't turned around to look back at the friend I was leaving behind. My heart broke.

When we got back, I was met with many questioning faces. Still silent, I went over to the kitchen, putting my skateboard against the wall as I grabbed a water.

Suddenly someone slaps the counter behind me, making me jump. "What the hell were you thinking, hanging out with a Lunch Club member?" Fitz asks, his tone harsh but not raised.

"Neither of us had any idea we were from rival groups, Cam. I promise. Even Tobi can vouch for me, she was there when we realized it," I say, looking at Tobi for some sort of support, despite her anger.

"Even if you didn't know, you have no proof that he didn't either. He could've been using you to try to get information! Who knows what he told the rest of his group? They could try to blackmail us with you, or do something to hurt us," Cam persists, and I scoff. He looks at me expectantly.

"Yeah, because my skating friend, who was my only escape from the anger that has corrupted this household, who I only talked to about normal life things, was definitely using me this whole time. He's cared more about me than you guys ever have! And Cam, the audacity! 'They could do something to hurt us' Carson was absolutely heartbroken because of you! They weren't cutting us off out of spite, they were doing it because you hurt them- we hurt them! And maybe you don't see it, but it hurts me to know that we hurt someone. We lost allies, valuable allies, and guess what? I got us a different tie to them. Now I'm best friends with one of their members. You're going to stop me from seeing my best friend? You're funny," I huff and walk out of the kitchen towards my skateboard.

"You're not going off again," Tobi remarks, grabbing the board before I can. I look at her with a fiery glare.

"Give. It. Back," I seethe, trying to grab it from her, but she runs out to our backyard. I chase after her but I'm held back, and I watch my board get dropped to the ground. "TOBI PLEASE-" I yell, but it doesn't stop her from propping it up and bringing her full body weight down on it. "NO!" The sound of splintering wood rings through my ears. Tears well in my eyes as I pry myself away from the hands that are restraining me, and I run up to my room. I grab my phone and open Discord, finding Travis and I were still friends. I call him.

"Y/n? Did you call the wrong person?" he asks, and I chuckle a little.

"No, I meant to call you. Look, I know I'm the last person you guys want to speak to, but I really need- I really need Cooper's number. Or, a-at least a way to talk to him. Could you maybe put him on? It's urgent, and it's unrelated to our rivalry. Please." I sniff and wipe my face, having let my tears slip.

Silence. Voices that sound really far away. Footsteps. "Y/n?" Cooper's voice floods my ears and I break down crying. "What the hell happened?"

"I-I need to get out of here, I need to get away, at least temporarily. Tobi- she broke my board, so I can't leave. Coop, I don't care that we're rivals, I don't care about any of it, I just need you-" my voice cracks and I can't finish my sentence, silent sobs wracking through my body.

"Hey hey, listen to me. Breathe, okay? Grab a bag and put only the things you need most in it. If you can, go to the skate park in an hour. I'll meet you there, and we'll figure things out. Okay? You'll be okay," his voice is soothing and I sniff.

"Okay. But- can I have your number or something? Just so we don't have to communicate via Travis?" he chuckles and I can't help but smile.

"Yeah of course," he tells me his number and I save it into my contacts, messaging him. "I got your text. So meet me there. Stay strong, N/n (nickname, if you have one)," with that he leaves, and Travis comes back.

"Thank you so much. You're a lifesaver," I say, my voice still shaky from crying.

"Oh, n-no problem," he responds. "I uh, I gotta go. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, go ahead. Bye, Travis," he hangs up, and I wipe my face, taking a deep breath. My face hardens with resolve as I grab a backpack and start putting some clothes in it, as well as other essentials, including my laptop and chargers. What happened to the Misfits I loved so much? I put the backpack on my bed and check my window to see how possible it'd be to sneak out. How did they go from the stupid druggies that took me under their wing to cruel druggies who no longer want me? It is possible, so I plan my escape route. A note slips under my door, and I reluctantly pick it up. 'My board is leaning against the side of the house, next to the cars' I could only recognize the handwriting as Jay's, and I smile a little.

I spent the rest of the time editing and checking social media. Once the clock struck 5, I opened my window and put a sticky note saying 'Don't know when I'll be back' on the window sill. The drop wasn't far, and there were no windows that would give my escape away. With my backpack over my shoulder, I land on my feet, and I see Jay's board. I hop on it and skate towards the park, not looking back. I guess I really am a misfit.

Hiii I hope you like this! I realized where I plan on going with this so I am finally confident in what I'm writing! Thank you again for nearly 150 reads already! I love you all

~Abbey