☁️Do Me a Favor || Ted x Reader☁️

Sorry fam, another angsty one. Based heavily around the song "Do Me a Favor" by Anson Seabra.

Warning: A lot of anger and sadness.

Lyrics italicized and underlined, for clarification

~Ted's POV~

I wake up from heartbreak at half past ten. I groan and turn over on my side. The vibration of my phone wakes me up, so I put on my glasses. Someone is calling. It's you, again. I answer the phone, instantly disliking the start of my day.

"Morning, Ted. Sorry to wake you. I just, I miss you," you say, like it was a simple statement to make. Lies on lies on lies.

"It's okay. Is that the only reason you called? You seem to do it a lot," I try not to sound irritated but my groggy morning voice didn't help that.

"Well I was just, wondering if you'd thought over what I'd said," I get out of bed and put the phone on speaker. Today marks a week since our third breakup, and it hasn't been my fault every time. You say it is, and maybe I start to believe you, but then you say you want me back, that everything will be okay. And every single time you call, I fall for this. I see now, though, that it isn't my fault. It's never been my fault.

"I did think over what you said. But, this is different. What you said doesn't make this right. You can't make this right. It's time to say goodbye, and leave this where it is," I finally say the words I'd said over and over in my head. So many times, now, I wanted to tell you that I was scared. Scared to be with you, scared to love you, scared of your friendship with that douchebag at the bar you work at. And I blamed myself for all of these things, for not being more scared of them. When I shouldn't. You are the one who broke my heart. "So do me a favor, and hang up the phone," I start the pot of coffee and grab the bread to make toast. "'Cause all the memories made, and everything that you gave me, led to being alone." I let you give me hope, hope that something good could come from us. That all of the memories we made were worth something more to you than what you proved them to be. I grab the cup and toast and sit at my counter. "Look in the mirror. Do you like what you see? And do you spend all your time finding places to hide, the pieces you left of me?" I clenched a fist as I teared up. "So do me a favor." I put the phone down and wait for you to say something. The cup with my coffee is now full of tears. Great. The last of my patience has just disappeared. You still say nothing.

"Why are you still on the line? You've taken so much time from me, my 'dear'. Can't take one more night, it's time for you to try the loneliness I feel," I wipe the tears from my face as anger overtakes my sadness. You need to take the blame for hurting me, for making me feel so utterly alone. I need you to feel what that feels like. I take a deep breath and calm down. "So do me a favor, and hang up the phone. 'Cause all the memories made, and everything that you gave me led to being alone," I finish my coffee and stare at your name on my phone. One that used to have hearts by it; one that used to make me smile every time I saw it in a notification; one that told me it loved me. "And look in the mirror, do you like what you see? And do you spend all your time finding places to hide the pieces you left of me?" I can't find the parts of me I sacrificed to be with you. I know that I won't find them again, but I like to imagine that maybe, you're just hiding them from me. Hurting me more. When you look in the mirror, do you like the person you see? Do you like the person who broke me?

I exhale shakily. "So do me a favor. Hang up the phone. 'Cause all the love that we made was such a fucking mistake, and now I'm ready to go," I'm ready to be done hurting myself trying to love you. "Take down your mirror, 'cause there's nothing to see. And maybe one day you'll learn to go and respect the worth of a person like me." My tears have dried and I suddenly feel like I'm worth standing up for.

"Please, do me a favor, and hang up the phone. 'Cause all the memories made, and everything that you gave me led to being alone. And look in the mirror. Do you like what you see? And do you spend all your time finding places to hide the pieces you left of me? Do me a favor. It's time we both let go."

You hang up without a word.

A few minutes go by before a knock on my door startles me, and I make sure I don't look like I'd been crying when I get up to answer the door.

"Hey, I just heard what happened. I talked to Madi and I wanted to make sure you were okay. I have a feeling how she told me what happened isn't what actually happened," Y/n says with a sad smile, and I smile.

"Honestly, I'm okay. I'm really, actually, finally okay," I tell them, and I give them a hug. "Hey, do me a favor? Stay with me today?" A smile crosses their face, which spreads to my own.

"Of course. I'm here for you, Ted. I'll always be here for you."

OOH I put a big twist on this and honestly caught myself off guard when I started writing it lolol. Hope you liked it! Love you all!

~Abbey