☁️Stupid Love Song Pt. 2 || Ted x Female!Reader☁️

~Six months later - Your POV~

After Madi and I made our debut of sorts on my Twitch, we kept making music. It started to feel more real when a record label signed us. Especially one that was willing to help us make our collabs. It was great. Madi and Y/n. Y/n and Madi. The two of us started making it big, and in all honesty, it did feel like Ted was being left behind. Granted, Madi opened up to me one night about all of the issues she had with the boys and how awfully sexist they were towards her. 

One night, she called me in tears saying she broke up with Ted, and while most of me felt her pain and sympathized with her, the part of me that I'd sworn to keep deep below the surface had bubbled to the top, and I couldn't help gaining hope now that he was single. But that feeling quickly faded. Even if I wanted to, he's heartbroken and she's my best friend. It would never work out right with me and him. No use giving that thought any more attention.

"Mads, it'll be okay. You're one badass bitch, remember? And now your music can become your entire life," I try to reassure her, and with a sniffle, she chuckles a little. 

"You're right, Y/n. I will become more devoted to music than I was before. Nothing will hold me back!" When she made that declaration, I realized one sad but true thing: If I kept working just as hard as she did, she would never make it as big as she has the potential to be. I had to let her go, to cut the strings that tied us musically, to let her soar. 

"Nothing will hold you back." I smile while staring out my window, knowing she's out there in Boston with tear stains on her cheeks smiling right back at me. 

~

I pulled out my mic and webcam from the box I'd stored them in and attached everything to my Desktop, setting up all of my equipment that I hadn't touched in months. There was something about opening Twitch and seeing all of the followers I still had that made me emotional, remembering all that I had with these followers. 

"Mama Mia, here I go again!" I felt my face heating up as the realization that two thousand people were listening to me sing hit me. I kept going, ignoring the sound of a Twitch streamer raiding me. "My my, I could never let you go," I finish, my voice slightly shaky on the last note, and I turn to see all of the claps in my chat and all of the support I was getting from all of these people that I didn't even know. I had never felt more elated than in that moment. 

I smile as I hit 'Go Live' and saw the view count slowly rise. I saw people who were subscribed still, people who were already donating bits and money to say hi. 

"I heard your song on the radio today," I read aloud as I see a dono of 3,000 bits pop up and the sound for it ('I love you 3,000') played. I cover my face with my hands for a moment. "That is insane to think about. Being on the radio? I didn't think that would ever happen!" Soon I had a few thousand viewers, and we were all just kind of chatting. I decide to pull up Minecraft and play a normal survival world while chatting and humming along to the songs people requested via Media Share. I'd get the occasional silly video, hearing Schlatt's "i'M gAy" with Scatman in the background play full volume in my headset, which just made me laugh. I also got Charlie singing Fireflies, which I sang along to. 

Ted Nivison Joined the Game.

"Ted?" I question. "Is Ted in Chat, guys?" I see a lot of 'not sure' and 'Idk', but then I see the fateful 'Ted Nivison' pop up, with a simple smile. He types in game chat, 'sorry to invade like this, I just wanted to get your attention lol. Can we join a discord call?

"Sure, Ted, I'll call you in a sec," I say, before opening up Discord. I open our DMs and see that we haven't messaged on there in over three months. Wow. It really has been a while since I was in touch with him

"Hey, Y/n," his voice rings through my computer, and I see chat putting Ted Pog in chat. 

"Hey, Ted," I see his Minecraft character breaking a tree, and I chuckle. 

"It's nice to hear your voice," he turns to face me and crouches, punching in my direction, to which I do the same with a smile and a shake of my head. 

"Yours too. What have you been up to, lately?" And so, he and I caught up on the missing gaps of our lives the past few months. 

"How's the record label treatin' you, by the way? I've been meaning to ask how you and, Madi, are," he inquires, and I feel my smile falter. 

"When she told me about what happened, I tried to give her a bit of a boost. She said nothing will hold her back from pursuing her music now. I, realized that I would inevitably do so if our record label stayed 'our' record label. So I... resigned," I rub the back of my neck, and a quick glance at chat tells me that they are freaking out. "This doesn't mean that I'm going to stop singing, guys, calm down. It just means that I have more time to stream and I can sing for a different record label if a new one wants to sign me. I just didn't want her being held back from her dreams." I see a lot of aww's, and I blush. 

"You always were such a good friend, N/n," Ted's voice sounds strained, like he was choked up and trying not to cry. "You loved people more than they ever showed in return. I should know..." 

"What are you talking about?" I feel my heart rate spike. Did he figure it out? I never told him...

"You loved me more than I ever realized. But you kept quiet to let me and Madi have our time together. I appreciate that more than you will ever know, and I'm, so sorry, that I couldn't return what you felt," I looked down. 

"It's alright, Ted. I am glad to have you as a friend. We were meant to be friends, nothing more. Like I sang all those months ago, it was just a stupid love song. Nothing more to it than that. Now, let's stop being all sappy and sad and play some muthafuckin Minecraft, MilkMan!" He chuckles and makes sounds of exertion as he mines his wood block, and soon everything is lighthearted again. We were listening to music like good friends, we were smiling and laughing. Everything was as it should be. After all, it was just a stupid love song.