🌧Memories || Lunch Club x Reader🌧

Credit to @valenbox for the formatting of this :)

Warning: I'm in my feels tonight so this is sad

Travis

I sift through my closet, searching for the box I know I have hidden in the back corner. I manage to grab the box and place it on my bed, taking a seat next to it. I stare at the name written on the top for a moment, debating on whether this is a good idea or not. I pull the lid off and I am flooded with emotions as my eyes scan over the contents in the box. The first thing I see is a little corgi YouTooz, which I put on my comforter. I find my birthday present from him still folded in tissue paper, the way I'd placed it oh so carefully when this box was first sealed away. I grab a hoodie and hold my breath. I hold it against my chest and the scent of the man I loved so much is still imprinted in it. I tear up and smile, putting everything back. When he comforted me.

Charlie

The first time I stepped into the ice cream shop, it had been just any other ice cream shop to me. But now, when I look at even just the storefront, I am overwhelmed with bittersweet sorrow. I see ghosts of Charlie and I eating ice cream on the bench outside, and us walking hand in hand down the sidewalk. I see him open the door for me, even though I let myself inside. I see us sitting at all of the tables, eating as many different flavors as we could. I see us ordering at the counter, and him grabbing my hand for the first time. I see us in the corner, stealing glances at each other on our first date. I see him kissing me for the first time in the other.

"What can I get you today, Y/n? Say, where's Charlie?" My favorite server asks, and I feel a pang in my heart. When I look down, he frowns and comes over to hug me. "It's okay. You don't need him," he says. When he needed me.

Ted

It seems odd, to be so attached to something. It's an inanimate object, it can't console you or provide words of wisdom. But it holds meaning. It holds value. As I stare at my Milk hat, I get flashes of when Ted and I walked around the streets with bags of milk and forced drunk college kids to drink from the cartons. We were living in a bit and the hats made it real. He gave mine to me when he asked me out. "Will you be the milk to my carton?" he had asked, and as corny as it was, him on one knee with a milk hat outstretched towards me, I couldn't think of saying anything other than "YES!" I put the hat back on my shelf with a sad sigh. When he wanted me.

Noah

When I lost Noah, it didn't feel like the end of the world. Not at first. I was in shock, but any anxiety I had was always soothed with nicotine. But then I remember that's how we met, and so I quit vaping. That's when the world crumbled beneath my feet. I didn't think I'd relied on him so heavily. Sure, we dated for a year, sure, we practically lived together, sure, I thought I'd spend the rest of my life with him. I'd always been an independent person. Until I met him.

However, as I sit on my bed with an empty vape and a broken heart, I think for just a moment that I won't be able to live without it. Without him.

I go outside and chuck it at the ground until it breaks. It broke, so I didn't have to. When he cared about me.

Carson

It's hard to rewatch my old videos. Over a year's worth of my content has him in it, and that's scary to think back on. But the adorable, and honestly quite famous, YouTuber and Twitch Streamer that I used to call my boyfriend invaded my every waking thought. It's no wonder he invaded my content too. I can't complain. It got me to grow, it gave me a steady fanbase that I am thankful for, especially for the majority of the people who stayed even when he didn't. Most content creators struggle to rewatch their old content because they find themselves cringy or annoying or just flat out bad at creating it back then. I can't rewatch mine because it reminds me of what I had, of what I gained, of what I lost. Of who I lost. When he found me.

Schlatt

Moving is one of the hardest things to do emotionally. There is so much left behind that isn't tangible, that can't be put into a box and sealed up and thrown into a moving truck to bring to a new home. So much nostalgia engraved into the walls, soaked into the floors, seeped into the ceiling. As I looked around my empty apartment, I could almost hear the various events that happened in each place. The hallway where mistletoe hung and Jonathan and I had our first kiss. The living room where we watched all of true crime documentaries on Netflix because we both had a love for them. The bedroom where we stole kisses and whispered sweet nothings as we drifted off to sleep. The bathroom where I caught Jonathan Schlatt singing in the shower. The kitchen where we made our first successful breakfast together, but also the stove where we almost set the place on fire because we thought we could be fancy and reduce alcohol in a pan that was way too hot. Our gaming room where we sat for hours streaming and editing. I blink to keep myself from crying, and smiled a little, knowing he's moved on and I'm literally moving. When he belonged with me.

Cooper

Photos. They hold so much more than just an image. They capture a moment in time that no one else will ever truly be able to relive unless they're apart of that photo. A scene frozen in time.

Cooper and I loved taking photos. We had so many old Polaroid cameras from thrift shops that we managed to cover our entire wall with photos of us. One from every day that we were together, from the day I asked him out to the last day our feelings were mutual.

Taking each photo off the wall one by one was like grabbing a piece of my life, reliving it, and deleting it. I was in tears the entire time, and he was streaming so he wasn't going to help. Three hundred and sixty-four pictures. We couldn't make it one more day, we couldn't have our one year anniversary. I shake my head and wipe my face, but the tears don't stop. Photos of us skating, photos of us hugging, and kissing, and holding each other. Us in the rain, in the sun, in snow, in front of sunsets and sunrises, eating at fancy restaurants, eating fast food. Me in his hoodie, and him in my bucket hat. When we got tattoos, a sun on my wrist, a moon on his. I look down at my shaking hand and let out a sob. What went wrong? When did things go wrong?

"Y/n?" I turn at the mention of my name, but when I see Cooper, I instantly regret it. I turn back to the wall and continue taking the photos off the clothespins. "Look, I'm sorry-"

"I don't need an apology. I need to know why. I need to know what happened. When it happened. I need an explanation, Cooper. I love you! I'm always going to love you. I can't- I can't do this right now," I get off the step-stool and duck under his arm.

"Y/n, wait-" I'm out the door before I can acknowledge him. I sit outside and I look at our matching skateboards, and I break down crying, sadness squeezing my lungs and suffocating me. When he loved me.

Ouch. I wonder who I have the most feelings for? Love you all.

~Abbey

✨𝕃𝕦𝕟𝕔𝕙 ℂ𝕝𝕦𝕓 𝕀𝕞𝕒𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕤✨जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें