✨One Year Anniversary || Lunch Club x nb!Reader✨

This request is from someone who is so incredibly brave and strong. This is very personal to them so I hope they can appreciate it :)

September 3rd. Happy one year, love. I am so proud of you.

‼️TW: Mentions of past self-harm. ONLY IN MENTIONS OF THE PAST‼️

~Your POV~

I tug nervously at the collar of my shirt, running a hand through my hair as I wait for Carson to finish purchasing an obscene amount of paper plates for reasons unbeknownst to me. 

"Can we go home yet?" I ask anxiously, and he checks his phone for a moment before thinking. 

"Yeah, we can head home." I sigh audibly with relief. We walk out of Target and go to my car, and I get into the driver's seat since the tall blonde still doesn't have his license. I connect my phone to my Bluetooth and hit shuffle on my playlist to ease my nerves. I have been thinking all day about how to bring up how big of a day today is for me, but I don't know what the boys will think. It's been a year, now, and I am so unbelievably surprised that I've come this far. The thing is, I want to celebrate the occasion, I just don't know if it's appropriate, since I don't know if it would be triggering to any of the boys. Cooper and Travis have talked to me about similar experiences with friends but they have no personal experience, thankfully. 

"Y/n, we're here," Carson points out, and I see I've been parked in the driveway staring at the steering wheel. I shake my head to clear my thoughts and walk towards the door. I mean it was only a month ago that I came out to them as non-binary, and we celebrated that, why should I bother mentioning this, it's not like they'll celebrate-

"SURPRISE!" I jump back as soon as the front door is opened, caught off guard by the amount of smiling faces and balloons and friends. I look around, confused for a moment, but then my eyes find the banner. 

Happy One Year Anniversary, Y/n! We're so proud of you!

"You guys," I tear up as I walk in, and I see a cake with icing stitches and band-aids and thumbs up emoji fondant stickers. They already knew. "How did you know it was today?" 

"You told me a while ago that you were proud of yourself for making it half a year without s*lf-h*rming. I remembered that date and realized it had been another six months. It's a big deal, that you've come this far, and I for one wanted it to be a big deal for everyone to celebrate," Charlie comes up to me with a smile, and I rush into his arms to hug him. 

"I can't believe you remember that conversation," I mutter into his chest, and I feel him chuckle. 

"It meant a lot to me that you trusted me with that information. It left an imprint on my heart," he pretends to wipe a tear from his eyes and I laugh, shoving him slightly. 

"We hope you enjoy the cake, by the way," Noah points out, and I nod. 

"I did the baking!" Ted yells from a corner. 

"I did the frosting!" Josh combats, and I laugh, tears of joy running down my face. 

"You guys didn't have to do this. I was looking for a way to tell you but I didn't think it was worth celebrating," I say as I hug each and every one of them. The whole Lunch Club gang: Charlie, Carson, Travis, Cooper, Ted, Noah, Schlatt, along with Josh and Mason. Minx and Wilbur must've flown in too, because they showed up a few minutes later with presents. "Guys, you're treating this like it's my birthday, and I love it to pieces but I really don't deserve it," I sigh when Minx refuses to walk out of my way until I take her gift. 

"You do deserve it. You matter. You obviously didn't think you did when you were younger, but it's been a year of loving and treating yourself right and surrounding yourself with the people who care most about you. It's only right that you spend it with those people and let them love and support you and appreciate that you started loving yourself the way we love you," Mason exclaims in a fit of passion, and I punch him in the shoulder, tearing up at how heartfelt his sentiment is.

"I don't know what I'd do without any of you," I say, and I am hugged by Carson, and Cooper, and Travis, and soon everyone has joined into one massive group hug. "You're my reasons for making it one year. And I hope every year after that," they all 'aw', and I smile. "Now, let's try this cake!" 

We all dig in to the cake, which is actually insanely good, and it's gone within minutes, a bittersweet realization that I make. However, I can't be sad about no more cake when it was made for me by someone who truly cares about me and was eaten by so many other people who are there for me. 

I couldn't ask for a better family, and for once, I think they really appreciate me as much as I appreciate them. 

They make me stronger than I've ever been, and I know it's not worth harming myself. I am worth it. I am strong and talented and loved. And that is all I need. 

That is all I need.

I hope this is good :D it's a bit short but I had to put it out today since the Anniversary is today for this person. I hope you enjoyed it! And know that you all are worth it, loved, and cared for. Every single one of you. And my DMs are always open if you think otherwise. Love you all!

~Abbey