✨Runaways Pt. 2 || Carson x Reader✨

People seemed to really enjoy the first part of this and I really enjoyed writing it so here we go with part 2!

~Third Person POV~

For the next two months or so, the two groups worked on integrating into one as much as possible. They did not fail, though it would have been too confusing to give the boys animal names. The bonds formed very quickly and no one was surprised when the two leaders became co-leaders and banded together.

Y/n started to become more comfortable with their name again, though Carson was still the only person that could call them that, and only when no one else was around. They often went off together to form plans and strategies for collecting supplies, especially now that they had to accommodate for nearly or over twice as many people. The others thought they were up to more than that, but with the stress of keeping people together and alive, feelings were not often on Y/n's mind. Only when they were safe, warm, and asleep did they dream of a life where they had met Carson at a pizza place, or a supermarket full of food. Or doing the same job, on computers or social media, when there were still electronics to spare. And each night, as they fell asleep closer and closer to the boy that made them feel less alone, they fell harder and harder without realizing it.

"Alright, move, move," Hawk speaks into the walkie-talkie that the scouts shared, and Y/n had the other, as leader. A hand signal tells the group to split up and begin the raid. Get in fast, get out faster. They scavenge the warehouse, not a footstep could be heard, not a person dared stepping into the small rays of light shining through the mangled roof. Y/n is the first in and out, Fox not far behind them, along with Jaguar and Noah, who had a knack for this. Everyone soon joins them. But when Y/n does a headcount, they notice Cooper hadn't come out yet. They feel the walkie buzz again, but didn't hear anything.

"I was the last one, let's go," Cooper comes out, and they nod.

"Alright, everyone, you heard him, let's go," they say, before turning and doing a second headcount as they all go back. It's hard to tell, but think someone is missing. I'm just paranoid, they think as they make it back.

The bags are unpacked and things are starting to look more cozy. The boys honestly aided in patching up the place, building shelves and actual beds. The crew had all managed to sew together fabric and stuff it with hay so that they had mattresses instead of the ground. They even found curtains, which helped with privacy, and overall the place felt so much better to be in.

Y/n paced around the barn, something not sitting right with them.

"Grey?" Cooper comes up to them, and they look at him. "I am going to say this as calmly as possible because I figure that's the smart thing to do. Because Hawk is not here. And I don't think she made it back," he says, smiling like it's a pleasant conversation. Fear spikes in their heart and they nod, walking towards the entrance casually. Cooper follows. "I wanted to tell you, because I'm going after her," he says, and then starts walking away.

"Cooper-" they start, but he starts running. They realize that he loves her, and Y/n can't get stop love from making him do crazy things. They hit their fist against the door of the barn and start pacing again, cursing under their breath for having let themselves think it was paranoia and not an actual missing head. They run, lap after lap around the barn, because if they stop they will worry and if they worry, everyone will worry.

"Grey," a static noise startles them, and they grab the walkie-talkie from their belt loop.

"Cooper, I'm here, what's happening?" They say, out of breath.

"I found Hawk's walkie on the ground. I don't know wh- I se- th-" he starts cutting out, and Y/n clenches their fist. "Another one? Nice," an unfamiliar voice says, and Y/n's blood runs cold. Then the walkie goes silent. "Come get your friends," rings through their ears, making their head spin, and they lean against the wall for support. This was the first time anything had actually happened, anything actually, terribly, horribly bad.

"Y/n?" Carson's voice makes them look up, and they honestly wanted to break down. "I haven't seen Cooper, I was wondering if you knew where he was?"

"He went to get Hawk, who never made it back. And he just talked to me on the walkie talkie that Hawk had that he found. And then some dude told me to come get them. So. Apparently some crazy people have our friends and they are probably not harmless so I don't know what to do or how to help or-" Carson envelopes them in a hug and they breathe deeply.

"We will figure this out. Don't panic. You hear me?" he pulls them back to look them in the eyes. "We will figure this out." They nod, agreeing with him. "Now I think this is something we have to tell everyone. If one person going only led to them getting taken, we can't send only one person to get them. I have an idea. We will get them back. Safely." Y/n's face hardens with resolve and they go back into the barn with Carson.

"Everyone, we need your attention," they say, and everyone goes silent, looking at them. "Hawk and Cooper are at the warehouse, held captive, from the sounds of it-" the sound of panic fills the room, and Y/n looks to Carson for help.

"We have a plan to get them back, but everyone has to remain calm and listen. We need to band together. If one person going only got them taken, we need to go as a group. I propose the idea of splitting half and half. We need enough people to hopefully at least catch these people off guard, but we can't send everyone in case we need backup. We need one of our fastest runners to be able to run back if we need help. If we're lucky, we'll get everyone back safely and there won't be any issues. We just need to keep calm. We'll get our friends back," he assures everyone, and a sense of calm falls over everyone. Resolve set in their faces, they all seem ready to take on the world.

As they get ready, the two leaders keep glancing at each other. And when they lock eyes, a feeling settled over them both: they will get their friends back. And everyone will live.

AHH HI VALEN AND I ARE TALKING AND HE PRESSURED ME TO FINISH THIS SO AH I HOPE YOU LIKE IT PART THREE WILL BE COMING SOON BUT IT'S 1:25 am AH I LOVE YOU ALL THANK YOU FOR 4.8K

~Abbey