A Walk Home

Izuku and Yui were walking home, both following the same path they always had but for the first time, they were walking it together.

They were on a bridge, with busy cars traveling underneath. Izuku tried to say something but his voice was drowned out by the bustling city noise. Yui perked her ears, straining to hear him. She realized he had stopped and tried to make sense of why.

'Did he get bored of me so quickly? Is it because I'm not a chattering airhead like Uraraka? Or M-Maybe he prefers girls with proper etiquette like that busty Yaoyorozu!' Then her eyes widened, but it was miniscule to the naked eye. 'What if he likes the hands-on type like Hatsume!'

Izuku didn't notice her internal struggle because her face, to him, was in complete indifference. He cringed with a sweatdrop. 'Am I boring her?' They had walked past the bridge, closer to their apartments, reaching the park. It was quieter so he continued, or at least attempted to talk to her. "Ah, so Kodai um, why did you want to become a hero?"

And for the first time, he saw her actually be surprised by a question only able to reply with an, "Eh?" Her eyes fully opening as if looking for the question he asked. His lips cracked a smirk thinking her reaction was cute.

"Why I wanted to be a hero..?" She repeated, slow and quiet, the wind swept her bangs releasing them just as softly. She glanced around the park, recalling.

It was in the same park. A child-Yui was hiding behind a tree, peeking at the conflict unfolding on the playground.

A green-haired boy was standing up to a trio of kids who were bullying another child.

Yui had shine and awe in her eyes. 'Cool, he's like a hero...' Staring at the boy with adoration.

She grew worried seeing him laid out on the dirt. She was about to run out to him and check on him until her name was called, signaling it was time to leave. She glanced back at him one more time. She decided to run up to him. She didn't say anything as she approached him.

He was looking up dazed until she blocked out the sun from him. He turned his face slightly to her. She didn't say anything, her eyes boring into him with that empty stare. She offered her hand. He hesitantly took it. "Th-Thank you." With his polite nervous voice, as he stood up, but as soon as he was on his feet, she ran off.

Yui never did gain the courage to interact with him after that. She glanced at the spot where she would always hide behind. She turned back to Midoriya, realizing he was waiting for an answer. 'I can't just tell him I used to watch him play when we were kids. I need to come up with something that relates to him... All-Might! That's it. Although, I don't want to lie to him.'

Yui's shoulders raised as she took a deep breath. She tilted her head, staring at him with those indifferent eyes. "It was because of All-Might." Her voice was quieter than usual but it wasn't nonchalant, it carried an earnest note Izuku didn't know was audible. "And someone else." She smiled.

His eyes widened with parted lips. He didn't know such honesty could be expressed. She had a toothy grin with her eyes closed and a scarlet glaze tinted over her cheekbones. He unknowingly gulped. He wondered who was it that she was thinking about that brought out such a reaction from her.

Izuku cringed realizing that he was staring for too long. He averted his eyes looking away, scratching his cheek, trying to hide an embarrassed blush, as they continued to walk. "All-Might y-you say? Th-That makes sense. He was the number one hero of our generation. A lot of people looked up to him, including me, so it's understandable." And he continued his iconic rambling, spewing out facts and logical reasoning.

Yui couldn't believe it, her eyes fixated on his uttering analytics. 'He's... He's doing his signature blabbering to ME! It's so cute! I can't believe it!' She didn't reply to any of his words, only giving him a nod every now and then.

Izuku couldn't stop his spiraling paragraphs of gibberish because at this point someone or something would have usually interrupted him but, 'She's just nodding along with those intense eyes! How do I get out of this loop?!' His words eventually became dry and out of breath, causing him to cough.

"Need water." He wheezed, rubbing his throat. After he said that, a water bottle appeared in front of him, he raised his eyes to the one holding it. She was offering it to him. He hesitantly lifted his hand and took it. "Th-Thank you." Suddenly hit with a wave of Déjà vu. He ignored it, chugging the water bottle. He let out a refreshed breath, pulling the bottle away from his mouth. "Ah, I needed that. Where'd it you get that from?"

"My quirk." She simply explained, showing him. She resized her schoolbag to small like a purse, then big like luggage, plopping next to her, then back to normal. All with a nonchalant yet playful attitude. "See?"

He sweatdropped not knowing how to process her adorable actions. 'Is she messing with me? One moment those eyes burn into my soul the next she's a Chibi-mascot! Just like when she sneezed!'

They had reached the stairs, going up the floors, reaching hers. They were walking along, his hand sliding over the railing.

"This is my door." She was a little sad that their time together was over, standing in front of her apartment.

"Oh, I guess it is huh." He was standing behind her, waiting for her to open it. She eventually did, walking in and turning to him. It looked like she was waiting for him to say something but he could never tell with her unreadable face.

Yui was trying to force her mouth open, wanting to say if he would like to come in for tea, 'Like how I practiced! J-Just i-invite him in.' Her lips didn't move, completely still. Their eyes remained locked. 'I-Is he waiting f-for me to ask him in?'

Izuku turned his head adjusting his uniform tie, breaking the silence. "H-Hey, this was fun, in its own way." He let out with a confused, intrigued voice. "And I was thinking if you wanted to, um, start walking to and from school t-together, cause we're neighbors, you know. I-It's totally up to you though."

If Yui was stunned he couldn't tell. He ruffled his hair, not really knowing how she felt about anything. He was biting his bottom lip with anticipation, not able to break eye contact with her.

Yui's eyes remained cold and indifferent, focused on him. "Yes, and thank you." After her words she bowed and retreated into her home, closing the door with a click. He didn't see it but she was leaning her forehead on the door, with a smile.

"Y-Yeah, see ya tomorrow." He let out with a breath he didn't know he was holding. She probably didn't hear him but that didn't stop a grin coming out from him.

Both happy for their growing relationship.