unnoticed

They were walking back home. Yui was feeling better and acting like her usual self and that gave Izuku a surge of pride as a boyfriend. 'Ah, cheering your girlfriend up is a reward within itself!'

They had reached her door and she was giving the usual indifferent goodbye that was a mental struggle for her.

"Bye, Izuku."

"Yeah, bye Yui... Um, I'll text you before I go to sleep, you know spend some more time together."

Obviously, he meant spending time together over the phone but Yui misinterpreted. 'H-He wants to share a bed l-like yesterday!? I-Is he expecting me to invite him up tonight! It should be okay as long as we're quiet... Wait, what am I even thinking!? Izuku in my room! Izuku on my bed!' She was a steaming mess as she entered her home, closing the door.

Izuku got home with a smile still on his face. He went to his room and pulled out his phone thinking of texting her already. He bit his lip in debate. "But I mean, I did just see her? I'll just text her after a little bit of studying." And that's what he went to do.

Yui, on the other hand, was a sporadic mess making sure her room was clean and that the mood would be just right. She dressed into the same pajamas she was wearing when she was sick and Izuku delivered notes. She even practiced the position she would be in when he came in through the balcony. She decided that she would be sitting at the edge of her bed, hugging her stuffed kaiju, Rex.

She was confident in her preparations and waited for his text. Or she was going to wait until she thought of Reiko's advice of initiating conversations with Izuku. "I should text him first."

She thought of what to type. It was simple but true so she sent it.

Buzz, buzz. His phone vibrated on the desk as he went over his notes. "Hm?" He picked it up and checked. His lips naturally pulled up. He figured he did enough studying and could take a break, texting his girlfriend. 'Ah, just the thought of it makes my heart beat faster!'

Yui: I'm holding Rex

Izuku: Hope he's keeping you safe lol

Yui: Can you?

His eyes widened and he almost choked on his spit. 'Wait, she can't be implying... No, she wouldn't, right?'

Izuku: What do you mean?

Yui: You can come through the balcony

His heart pounded as he read the text. His hand was shaking as he set the phone down. He got up from his chair and headed to the balcony. He took a gulp as he activated full cowling. 'We spent last night together so why am I so nervous?' Although he knew why, he just couldn't admit it. He was going to spend time alone with a girl in her room in the middle of the night. 'The circumstances are too different! Yesterday I was worried but now...'

He had reached her balcony and his heart was beating louder than ever. The sliding glass door leading into her room was open. She was sat on her bed cuddling Rex and his emerald eyes beamed enamored. The lights were dim but not completely off causing it to blend with the moonlight. 'And it was a surreal sight, seeing the artificial light and natural light twirling around her like a twinkling constellation in a lonely sky.'

"I-zu-ku..."

He didn't realize when or how but he was already sitting on the bed, beside her. Their eyes were locked, his throat was dry but he whispered back, placing his hand on her stuffed Kaiju.

"Yui..."

She squeezed Rex a little before letting go, both of them putting it aside, as they scooted closer together. "Um, what do you want to do?"

She leaned on his shoulder. Izuku flinched a little caught off guard but he relaxed after hearing her endearing sigh.

"Nothing."

"Nothing sounds great."

And like yesterday they were nestled together on a bed, except today was different. Yesterday both of them were too worried about their emotional issues to even focus on their closeness. They were laying side-by-side staring at each other. They were attempting to cuddle like last night but instead they were both highly aware of how intimate they were being to each other. Izuku awkwardly had his hand on her waist and figured it would be better to slide it up her back like a hug, except his hand slipped under her shirt, causing his warm palm to run up her cool back. Yui let out a shiver and exhaled a pant, instinctively scooting into an embrace, placing her hands over his chest as she pressed herself against him.

"Ah, S-Sorry, I didn't mea-,"

"Warm." She whispered. Her hands went up his chest, to his neck, her delicate fingers traced along his jawline before they captured and cupped his cheeks. "You're warm." Staring directly at his mouth. "I want your warmth..."

Smooch. Her lips pressed against his without hesitation. 'I want it to be like the rain again! I want him to see me! I don't want to be reserved in front of him!' And she used that passion as they moved their lips.

They parted slowly as she pulled on his lower lip before letting go completely. He let out a groan of enjoyment. She was staring at his reaction with half-lidded eyes of comfort. She let her head drop on the pillow as she spoke. "Izuku, it doesn't scare me when you're here."

It took him a moment to process what she meant. 'She's probably referring to what said at the ferris-wheel. So wait, that means!' His eyes widened. The arm wrapped around her slid down her and clasped her hand." Yui..!"

"Eh?" Genuinely shocked at his excitement.

"Earlier, you said you didn't know what was wrong but now you said it scares you, right? Well doesn't that mean we understand the problem even if just a little bit more?"

Her eyes grew into a twinkling liquid, not able to believe how dedicated he was to understanding her and their relationship. Her throat was knotting but she gulped before she shut her tearful eyes and wrapped her arms around him, burying her face in the crook of his neck.

He heard her voice. It was muffled and interrupted by quiet sniffles but he heard it.

"Thank you for wanting to understand me..!"