serene abyss

They woke up in each other's arms with a shared smile. The morning fog never lifted as if keeping them in that moment. He had rolled on top of her, she was shocked but kept her indifferent expression. Although, she did lift her hand up to his cheek, rubbing her thumb under his eye, once, as her sign of affection. She let out a sigh, relaxing her shoulders. He lowered his forehead to hers, pressing them together, with closed eyes.

It was almost inaudible but they were able to hear each other, understand each other.

"It's these moments..."

"Yeah..."

He went back to his apartment so they could both get ready for school, walking there hand in hand.

He glanced up as they reached the front of the gates. "Looks like the clouds aren't going to clear up."

"Rain."

"Yeah, it might, I'm checking right now, they say it has a good chance." Using his phone's weather app. They both shared a look at the thought of spending a rainy day together.

"Love hotel."

He choked his spit as she broke into a smile grin. "Joke."

"Yui's learning to mess with me! Or have you known all along."

She kept her blank expression as they walked up the front steps of school. "Yui app has stopped working."

"I knew it!" He slapped air with comical shark eyes.

They glanced at each other before breaking into laughter. Naturally, she tiptoed up to kiss his cheek, leaving a small but adorable peck.

Izuku rubbed his cheek after he pulled away. "Y-Yui..." Surprised she did something so expressive.

"I just wanted to." She tried to keep her normal face but her cheeks were tinted, so were his. Their hands finding each other and clasping together, dearly.

"Hey, Deku! Oh hey, Kodai." Uraraka approached them.

Yui's eyes widened as her pupils vividly narrowed.

Izuku and Uraraka had a brief exchange before she went on ahead.

Her eyes went back to normal as she left.

Izuku and Yui went back to their usual atmosphere just as quickly as they walked to class.

'So that's what it is...' Izuku staring at his hand as he thought in class. Yui didn't realize it but as soon as Uraraka showed up, she started squeezing his hand tight as if scared to let go, calming as soon as she left. 'Yui probably thinks she has to worry about Uraraka... I mean that's only fair from her point of view.' He sighed before puffing up his chest. 'I'll show her that she has nothing to worry about.'

It was after school. The clouds had yet to clear, covering the sky like an empty blanket. Yui walked out of her classroom to a pleasant surprise.

"Boyfriend?"

"Girlfriend."

He replied trying to copy her mannerisms. He had decided since their classes were already close he would just meet her there instead of their regular spot.