Rider Kick

Yui Kodai was staring at herself in the mirror with her usual blank expression. "I am a mess." And her monotone voice.

"Nonsense. Stop belittling yourself. Time is short, considering Midoriya's living quarters is right beneath yours." Reiko had come over to help get her ready for her date. She could tell Yui was nervous even if she couldn't express it.

Knock, knock.

"He's here." Yui's voice actually went up an octave.

"Steel your nerves. As long as you show him the intrinsic valve you have to rewarding him with a quality life, your relationship will continue to blossom."

"He's here." She repeated.

Reiko facepalmed. She grabbed Yui's wrist and helped her off her seat, almost dragging her to the front door. "Stay tenacious in your endeavor of reaching his feelings and he will surely witness your passion and return it. Don't worry, I'll make myself scarce after you both depart." She gave Yui some last-minute advice that seemed to calm her friend. Reiko smiled at her one last time before stepping to the side, hiding away from the door, she used her quirk to yank open the door before Yui could react.

Yui's eyes widened, realizing what her friend had done. Izuku was standing in front of her, also shocked at how fast the door opened because Yui was actually a few feet too far from the door to do that. He shrugged it off. "Hey, Yui, you look..." His voice trailed off, taking her in. She was wearing a white turtleneck sweater with a black skirt that reached her knees with almost transparent black stockings under, and brown loafers. It was so simple yet pleasing, perfectly matching her aesthetic.

Yui had to smooth over a bang and look away because she could hear the sincerity and it caused her stomach to flutter. She could see Reiko from the corner of her eye, give her a thumbs up. She took a calming breath and stepped out of the apartment to Izuku. "Hello, you appear good as well." She noticed he was wearing one of his signature shirts with a word written over the chest, this time it said polo shirt. He was also wearing a green rabbit ear hooded sweater, a loose belt holding up black slim cargo pants and his famous red shoes.

They began to walk away from her apartment to the stairs. "So, I-I was thinking we catch a movie and then probably take a stroll down Dagobah Beach."

Yui nodded. "What will we watch?" Her always hauntingly quiet lullaby voice always seemed to catch him off guard yet also catch his attention.

He cleared his throat and followed in step with her. "U-Um, well I heard that you're a fan of the ultra series, and they're having a retro screening of Ultraman and Ultraseven so I figured that would be fun..?" As they reached the end of the stairs.

She stopped walking, turning to him, her indifferent orbs, growing livid, piercing his eyes, boring into his soul. "Are you being serious..!?"

Izuku was worried/scared, he's never seen that amount of intensity come out of anyone, 'and it's coming from Yui!' "Y-Yeah?"

Yui bolted, walking at a brisk pace.

'She's was just excited!' Izuku's eyes popped surprised at how fast Yui was walking now. His surprise settled to a wholehearted smile at her eagerness, thinking it was cute.

"H-Hey, wait up Yui." He had to jog a little to catch up to her.

"Man that was fun." Izuku stretched out his body as they were leaving the theater. The beach was close by, they were already nearing the pier.