Resizing Reality

"That was the most awkward walk to school ever!" Izuku was hiding his head in his desk again. Rambling to himself in his usual incoherent mumblings. "Ever since the day in the rain, we haven't been able to speak to each other, it's too embarrassing! But I can't just not walk with her! I don't even know how she feels about all of this, I can never understand her emotions under that blank expression! Ugh!" He clutched and ruffled the locks of his hair in distress. He honestly thought they took a step forward in their relationship. 'But maybe I ruined the small friendship we had!' He groaned leaning back on the chair, staring at the ceiling. "Why did I have to kiss her..?" Then he recalled how entrancing she was and the squeal of emotion she let out in the moment before he kissed her. He leaned forward, dropping his head back on the desk. "If only it never rained..."

Yui was sitting at her desk, staring at the sunny sky. "If only it could rain again..." She whispered before lowering her head, staring back down at her desk, a little disheartened. She had never felt such a rush of emotional euphoria, like when they were alone in the room. To be able to express herself fully and willingly. It all happened because of the rain. And because of him. Her heart fluttered at the memory before it clenched with sadness. Their walks were different now. Before, the silence they had would be comfortable and he would easily make conversation if it was too awkward but now they couldn't even look at each other and it felt like a formality. "Dilemma." She really did enjoy their experience alone in the rain but the aftermath strained their friendship. 'But I don't want to be just friends...' Especially after that.

"Yui, trouble? Is it because of your courtship with Midoriya?" Her friend walked up to her, noticing her distress even though no one else in class could.

Yui glanced up at her. "Reiko... Yes. We're quiet, now." Only needing to say that for her friend to understand.

"I see, perhaps it's time for your conversational skills to increase. Engaging in small talk with Midoriya is a start. Eventually you will delve into heartfelt narratives, giving each a piece of yourselves that you can never give back and the true test of your relationship will be revealed." And she kept going on about the possibilities, beginning to spiral out like Midoriya with her words becoming more specific and complicated but Yui listened like a good friend and took mental notes of anything she thought was useful, like being the one to start the conversation.

Back in Izuku's classroom, it was the usual yelling around while Aizawa slept. He had told them what had happened with Yui, leaving out the make-out session but they could all infer it. The core members trying to help him, Tokoyami, Todoroki, Momo, and Kirishima, were gathered around his desk while everyone was just arguing about whether or not they made a good couple. And Mineta was trying to figure out how far Izuku got.

"Midoriya! You got to man up and ask her out, dude!" Kirishima was pumped up, rooting for his friend.

Mina barged in. "Hey, how come the cinnamon bun is pulling in the ladies and not you two!" Pointing at Todoroki and Bakugo.

"Hm." Was Todoroki's only response.

"I'm not wasting my time at this school for a free piece I can get anywhere! We're training to be heroes!" Bakugo couldn't care less for a relationship at this point in his life.

Izuku put his hand to his chin, thinking out loud. "Kacchan is right... We came to this school to become heroes, I can't start losing focus on that. M-Maybe I should start distancing myself from Yui..." He winced, finishing that sentence was a struggle for him. 'But it's for the best right?'