08: Promenade pt. 1

A/N: I attached the Make You Feel My Love cover of Sleeping At Last. Kindly play it kapag nasa prom venue na si Liv or basta before the first dance para mas ramdam. Enjoy! Share your thoughts if possible xo

---

"You look beautiful, Lavander."

Dad and Mama were both in awe as I walked down the staircase.

"Make the most out of tonight," Nilapitan ako ni Mama at niyakap nang mahigpit.

"Say berry," Kinunan kami ni Dad ng litrato. He is also smiling warmly. In fact, I think tears are forming in his eyes, "Alis ka muna, hon."

Mama rolled her eyes and went beside Dad who was still taking pictures of me. Wala pa ako sa venue pero parang nagphophotoshoot na ako.

I was wearing a long satin gown that perfectly fits my upper body and is flowy below my hips to my feet. It is metallic gold in color and has glitters all over. It also has a slit that reveals my right leg and my silver stilletos. The prom's theme is The Centaurus. This is the constellation known to contain the most number of bright stars. I glanced at my reflection in the mirror. I am usually not confident with my physical appearance, but tonight, I admit that I found myself beautiful. Like a star twinkling in the night sky.

"I love you, my princess," Dad kissed my forehead and fixed my little silver tiara. I wore my hair in a bun and left a few strands in front, which I curled to complement my face shape. I also wore silver dangles and bracelets and put a full-face shimmer makeup on.

"I love you too, Dad," I whispered back.

Natigilan kami nang biglang may kumatok. Hindi ko alam pero bigla akong kinabahan. Napahawak ako sa aking dibdib at muling tinignan ang sarili sa salamin.

"That's probably Alex, iha," Mama rushed to open the door.

My lips partially parted upon seeing Alex. Ang gwapo ng bestfriend ko. He was wearing a navy blue suit with a white dress shirt inside and a gold bow tie. He brushed up his hair and was also wearing some foundation and gloss, with the latter making his lips look more pink.

"Say berry!"

"In fairness, you look like a decent human," Alex whispered and chuckled.

Kunot-noo akong tumingin sa kanya at saktong narinig ko ang pagclick ng camera. I groaned and punched Alex lightly upon realizing what just happened. Mukhang tanga nanaman siguro ako sa picture.

Dad took more pictures of Alex and I before we finally bid my parents goodbye.

"Sorry, ang kulit nila," I told Alex as I entered their car. His dad will be the one driving us to the venue, "Good evening, Tito," I greeted.

"Good evening, dear," Tito glanced at me from the mirror, "You look gorgeous."

"Thank you po," I smiled at him and faced Alex with an arched brow.

"Naniwala ka naman," he just laughed and faced the window.

The venue was astounding. The PS Student Council and Arts Club did an amazing job in transforming the school gymnasium into our very own constellation. There were gold fairy lights hanging in the ceiling, and the stage was decorated with gold and black balloons and more lights. The DJ is on the leftmost part of the stage, and an LCD screen showing random footages inside the venue is on the rightmost part. Beside it are black, glittered cut-off letters that spell The Centaurus. Tonight will be stellar.