Chapter 1. Orientation/Tess

"I'm so excited to be here!" I said whispering to Kris, my twin sister.

"Quiet Tess! You are going to get us in trouble!" She hissed back.

"No I'm not!"

"Listen up people!" Pepper pots yelled.

"See! I told you!" Kris said.

"I know you are all excited to be part of our training program at Stark Industries. Most of you were handpicked by Tony Stark for a reason and will get to become part of the avengers. Some of you will not make it through this training and some might not get to do field work, but regardless of who you are and where you work, you all play an important role to this team." Pepper said. "Before you start your training you will all be placed in groups. You'll live with the people in these groups, work together on group stimulations and projects, and you'll sometimes do group training sessions with these groups. Does anyone have any questions? No? Good, follow me and I'll give you a tour."

"Ugh, I hate group projects!" I said.

"I hope we get a good group, our future may depend on it," Kris whispered.

"Me too. I wonder who it'll be," I said.

6 months ago

"Tess look over here! I see a herd of elephants in the distance." Kris yelled me.

My family was on vacation in Liwonde, Malawi for the week and so far it's been going great. My family has lived in Africa for the past 10 years doing humanitarian aid work and so far it has been great. My mom and dad ran school programs while my sister and I did our studies and helped out at much as we could around the schools.

My twin Kristy, but everybody calls Kris is the only sibling I have. We look pretty similar but have completely different personalities. I have long brown curly hair while my sister has a nice pixie cut right now. We both are around 5 ft 3in although I am slightly taller than her and we both have curvy hips and gorgeously olive tanned skin.

We just turned 25 last week and we got this vacation as a birthday present. This vacation has been extremely relaxing but this morning I woke up with a funny feeling in my stomach. I tried expressing my concerns to my family but they just laughed at me. I'm also a second year nursing student so whenever I'm coming down with something they say it's just in my head.

"I don't see any," I pouted.

"False alarm, those are just rocks." Kris said.

"Thanks you got me excited for nothing. Also how did you mistake elephants for giant rocks?" I asked.

"Sometimes those things happen. Like when you mistake seaweed for a school of fish," our mom said in my sisters defence.

The rest of us chuckled thinking about our last family vacation at Lake Malawi. It was so nice being on Christmas break and with family. I love taking nursing in Canada but sometimes it's just nice being with family.

"Girls come over to this side of the vehicle! There are lions right next to the van!" My dad exclaimed.

I ran right to the front and leaned over the side. Right below me was a pride of lions. Lions were always my favourite animal to see on safari.

"Looks like it's all the females out," Kris said.

"Here comes the male! I'm going to call him Mufasa, although he has the attitude of scar right now," I concluded.

The next few seconds all seemed to go at once. All of the sudden Mufasa started charging towards us and while he was charging our safari driver slammed on the gas pedal to try and get a clear getaway. But since I was leaning so far off the edge, when our driver got the gas pedal I fell off the side of the truck. The next thing I saw was Mufasa roaring in my face and then all I saw was darkness.