Chapter 2: A Tour of Hawkins

Y/N= your name

y/l/n= your last name

***Quick note: I will use cursing from now on. The cursing will be pretty mild, like what you would expect when watching Stranger Things. Also, thoughts will be expressed in italics.***

------------------------------------

As you walk down the bustling hallways with Steve, you notice lots of people looking at him, mostly girls. Some guys say hi to him as Steve explains the layout of the school to you.

"Which teacher did you say you have?" He asks as he looks at you.

"Mr. Manzara I think... room 208?" You shuffle your books from one arm to another as you walk down another long hallway filled with people.

"Oh, me too. We can just walk there together." Steve confidently strolls down the hallway. You think to yourself that maybe today won't be so bad.

As you two round a corner you can sense a change in the atmosphere of the hallway. The first bell just rang, and the corridor is now almost empty except for one person. Just outside room 208 is a guy smoking the last bit of his cigarette indiscreetly. He has a wild mullet and a slight mustache to match. He's wearing a jean jacket with a plain white t-shirt and some jeans, almost identical to what you're wearing. He glances over at you two and takes a moment to look you up and down as you get closer to the classroom. Before you get any closer, he squishes his cigarette and enters the classroom, almost following the two of you. Steve gives you a concerned look before entering the classroom.

---

You walk into class with Steve and a middle-aged tired-looking teacher stops you and the cigarette guy at the front of the room. The cigarette guy takes a quick glance at you, slightly tossing his curled mullet back before turning his eyes to the class. Most of the girls stare at him while you shoot a panicked look at Steve.

"Let's see..." the old man mutters as he slips through his roster, "Mr. Hargrove?" The man stares at cigarette guy from his wild mullet to his black boots.

"It's Billy... Billy Hargrove." Mr. Manzara points to a seat at the back of the class as Billy strolls over and sits, and now has his eyes on you.

Mr. Manzara turns his attention to you. He now has his eyes on your attire, pretty similar to Billy's. I should not have worn jeans on jeans today... I look just like that creep. You stand up straighter and try to look more put-together. You don't want to be associated with Billy.

"You must be Ms. y/l/n... welcome to Hawkins." You glance around the room and see tons of other students staring at you. "You can take a seat right there." Mr. Manzara gestures to a vacant seat towards the back.

You sit down and take a quick glance at your surroundings. Steve is on the other side of the class giving you a cheesy thumbs-up. The intimidating one, Billy, is sitting right next to you and is sizing you up. He notices you looking back at him and he gives you a wink. Great, he's a major flirt. You look away from him and take off your jean jacket so you don't look similar anymore.

---

At the end of class, Steve strolls over to you and asks, "How would you like to meet someone new? I know a girl I think you'd like to meet."

"Okay, if you insist." You gather all your books and stroll out next to Steve. You glance back and notice that Billy has stayed behind and is looking at you again as you leave class.

Once out of class, Steve ushers you back to the main halls and starts walking towards a lone girl standing at your locker. You trail behind as she rolls her eyes at Steve and Steve pulls her into a kiss.