Chapter 4: The Call

Hey, I hope you guys liked the last chapter!  After scanning over Stranger Things 2 again, I got some inspiration and decided to write.  Also, if you are the least bit interested in this story or you're just casually reading it please make sure to leave a vote, it really helps me identify an audience.  And thank you to whoever is out there reading this, it means a lot to know people like my ideas. As always:

y/n = your name

y/l/n = your last name

(Oh and I lied I can't fit Halloween night into this chapter so stay tuned for the next chapter)

ENJOY!

----------------------

"Mom, Dad, I'm home!" You yell as you walk in the door after school.  The house is silent as you walk up the newly-decorated stairs, heading into your room.  "Mom?" You call as the old floorboards squeak underneath your feet. "Dad?"  The house feels abandoned and dread fills you as you continue down the hallway past the other rooms.

As you get to your room, you hear a rustling and a loud thud.  You grab the broom leaning against your closed bedroom door. Strange. You slowly push open the door with your eyes squeezed shut.  All at once you swing open the door and jump into a defensive stance, broom in hand.  "Surprise!" Your parents yell as you scream and start swinging the broom.  Jesus. 

You look around the once-bare room and see that it's been painted a light blue and completely decorated.  There's a vanity against one wall with a yellow radio perched on it.  Your bed now has pink covers and paintings and shelves are adorning your walls.  There's a white bedside table with a shiny new yellow phone on it.

"Oh my God thank you!"  You put down your books and jump onto your new soft bed.  You hug your parents before walking around your room and taking in every aspect. "You guys are the best." Your parents go to leave your room when you stop them. "Wait." They turn around at your door and look back at you. "Can I go to a Halloween party tomorrow night?"  Before your parents can respond, you interject. "Nancy and all my new friends are going... it's like the biggest party of the year."

Your mom takes a step forward, "I don't know... we just got here-"

"Exactly! Now's the perfect time to get to know everyone." You say and look back and forth from your mom to your dad.

"Fine. One rule," Your dad says and sits on the vanity chair, "When Nancy leaves, you leave. Oh, and I want to speak to Nancy's parents before."  You nod and your parents are about to leave the room when your dad stops short again. "Where's your brother?"

"Oh, I let him go to a friend's house. I met one of his friends, they're good guys."  You say genuinely.

"As long as they're good friends and don't-" Your mom stops herself short before bringing anything up.  She smiles and both your parents leave your new room and close the door.

You pull a crinkled piece of paper and a notebook out of your bag.  You grab a marker and write CONTACTS in all capital letters on the cover of the notebook.  You open the book and write 1. NANCY.  You scribble down her number and quickly dial it.

"Hello?" a familiar voice answers.

"Hey, Nancy, it's me, y/n." You can't hide the excitement in your voice as you flop down on your bed. "I got a new phone!" You read off your new number to Nancy. 

"So... it's okay if I give your number to Steve, Jonathan, and a few other friends?" Nancy asks with excitement building in her voice.

"Yeah, of course... please tell me you're going to the Halloween party tomorrow." You say and twirl the phone's chord between your fingers.

"I mean... I guess." Nancy's voice changes from excited to unsure. "Why not?"

"Oh! and before I forget, my dad wants to-" You hear muffled shouting and a door closing on the other line.

"Sorry," Nancy says, now clearly. "That was just my brother and his nerd friends.  Apparently, they have a new friend over or-"

"Tall kid?" You interject, "Skinny? Dirty blonde hair?" 

"Yeah, you know him?" Nancy asks very confusedly.

"That's my brother, Robert. Small world, huh?" You and Nancy laugh.

"Well, I've gotta go give your number away," Nancy laughs, "Call you later?"

"Yeah, sure." You hang up the phone.

---

After dinner, you go back up to your room and start doing homework.  Now and then you get a call from Steve or Jonathan, giving you their numbers.  Nancy eventually calls you back and you get her parents' number.  You give it to your parents and go back to doing homework.

The phone suddenly rings again, making you jump. "Hello?" You ask, expecting Nancy or Steve.

"A little birdie told me the new girl got a phone." A familiar flirtatious voice answers back.

"Billy... how did you get this number?" You're startled and taken aback by how quickly Billy got your number.

"Oh, I just asked around and what do you know? Five calls later I have the y/n's number." Even though you can't see him, you imagine him smirking behind the phone. Before you can reject Billy, he's giving you his phone number.  Against your better judgment, you find yourself writing down Billy's number. 8. BILLY HARGROVE.

Billy rattles off his number and continues his pursuit, "So, call me sometime next week and maybe we can-"

"Listen, Billy" You sigh into the phone, "It's gonna take more than mindless flirting to get some sort of a one-night thing with me."  You paused and could faintly hear Billy's breathing on the other line. "I'm just not one of those girls."

"Maybe you're not," Billy takes a deep breath, "give me just one night. I promise at the end of the night," his voice dropped into a quiet flirtatious mutter,  "you won't be able to keep your hands off me."

"Fine, you have one night.  But I choose when." You get closer to the phone and mimic Billy's flirty voice, "And don't think you're the only one who can be a tease." 

You can hear Billy let out a small laugh on the other side. "Just tell me when y/n. You'll be mine by the end of the night."  You let out a sarcastic laugh and hang up.

You lie amongst your homework and stare up at your ceiling. Billy Hargrove, what are you doing to me?  You remember the promise you made to your parents when you moved here, but there's something about Billy that's different.  NoHe's just like the other heartbreakers. You try to get your mind off Billy by finishing your homework.

You look through your clothes, trying to find a last-minute costume.  You find an old black leather skirt and a leather jacket to match.  You decide to be a vampire because you can make fake blood using lipstick and your canine teeth are already pretty sharp.  You grab a plain white t-shirt and put on your new outfit.  You let your hair down and fluff it up in the mirror.

Perfect.

-------------

I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you next chapter for the Halloween episode.  Now, I'm not sure when the next chapter will be up but stay posted.  And as always, if you are reading this series, please vote for it so I know I have an audience.

(Also we're number 369 under the tag Billy Hargrove... can we get higher on that list?)

 Thanks for reading!