Chapter 6: The Womanizer

Hey, sorry that it's been a while. I've had 0% inspiration over the past few days but was able to pull myself together. I was looking at my audience and noticed that my audience is broadening.  So I already had viewers from America, the UK, and France... but welcome readers from Mexico and Hungary! As always:

y/n = your name

y/l/n = your last name

*CURSING*

*Flashback at beginning*

Enjoy and make sure to upvote if you like it!

---

You wake up the next morning with your legs and feet aching when you try to get up.  You stretch, feeling a strain in every sore muscle. You rub your eyes awake and recount last night.

--

"Need a ride, y/n?"

The leather seats embedded with smoke, the loud whir of the engine, and the smug look on Billy's face race back to your mind.  The loud music, Billy's leather jacket, and all the stars in the sky.  

The feeling of Billy kissing you before you went inside.

The dread filling you up as the living room light turned on.

"Robert?" Robert stood at the door watching Billy's car speed away. "Why-"

"We need to talk. Who's that guy that drove you home?" Robert walked to the kitchen and you trailed behind.  The floorboards creaked as Robert silently walked to the fridge. "Don't worry, Mom and Dad are asleep." Robert paused and grabbed a container of vanilla pudding. "I covered for you."

You looked at Robert shocked, "Wow, that's so-"

"So who was that guy who drove you home?" Robert persisted as he sat down at the dining room table.

"He's just a friend." You tried to get Robert off your back and started to get up from the table.

"Sit. I don't want to know what he is to you.  I want to know who he is." Robert shoveled another spoonful into his mouth.

"Okay. Well, that's Billy Hargrove.  All I know about him personally is that he has a younger sister." You took a deep breath. "Max."

"Interesting. The party thanks you." Robert took his pudding and escaped upstairs.

--

You snap back to reality and get ready for school.  During the car ride, you pass Robert and all his friends, minus Will.  They all look at you strangely before looking away. Weird.  You continue on your way until you get to school.

You pull up into a parking spot and listen to music in your car for a few minutes.  Next to you, Steve pulls into a spot and gets out of his car.  You get out of yours, too, to talk to Steve about last night.

"Hey, Steve is everything okay?" You notice a worried look spread across Steve's face as he thinks.

Steve finally looks up at you and you lock eyes. "Yeah no, everything's fine.  Everything's absolutely fine. So about last night-"

"You don't have to tell me anything about last night. That's between you and Nancy." You look at Steve reassuringly but his tense face persisted.

"That's not what I wanted to talk about, y/n."  Steve gets closer and lowers his voice. "I saw you with Billy last night." He gazes anxiously into your eyes.

"What about it?" You're confused as to why getting a ride is such a big deal.

"I'm getting a bad feeling about him. Just stay away, okay?" Steve puts a hand on your shoulder. 

"Okay," is all you manage to say.  Steve looks to his right, where Billy is observing you and Steve standing and talking so close. This probably looks really intimate to Billy.

---

You arrive at math class and sit down in your usual spot next to Billy, though something is different today. Instead of teasing and talking to you, he completely ignores you.

"Hey, I forgot a pencil," you lean over to his desk in a hushed whisper. "Can I borrow one?"

Billy, without looking you in the eyes, takes out a very damaged pencil and slides it across his desk.  You look into his eyes with deep concern, while he just ignores you.

A pit fills your stomach as you turn your attention to class.

---

While eating your lunch in your car and listening to music, you see Steve sitting worriedly on his car's hood.  You take the last bite of your sandwich and get out of your car.  Steve doesn't notice you walking over because he's staring down at the ground and mumbling to himself.

"You good?" You approach Steve in a cautious manner, and he snaps out of his trance. "You look like you just witnessed a murder."

"It's nothing." Steve looks up and studies your eyes for a moment. "Well, it's about last night."

"About you and Nance?" You sit next to Steve on the hood of his car and crumple up your sandwich wrapper.

"Yeah, at last night's party," Steve shifts uncomfortably. "She was drunk and said some things and I got mad at her." He takes a deep breath and looks into your eyes. "And Jonathan took her home and they just left to skip school together."

"Oh." You can only manage to say one word as you take in Steve's story. "Jeez, that's a lot." You pause briefly and let out a deep sigh. "Well, you can't assume anything about Jonathan and Nancy. And you have two options: just play the long waiting game with Nancy, or suck it up and apologize. Even if she's wrong."

Steve nods and looks at you sincerely. "Y'know, you're a real good person." You glance over Steve's shoulder and see Billy looking at you.  You immediately space yourself from Steve, who looks at you strangely. "Why'd you jump back? Did you just see a murder?" Steve laughs at his own bad and stolen joke.

"No, it's nothing." You stand up and start walking away. "See you later?" Steve looks back and sees Billy, then looks at you knowingly and nods before you walk back to your car.

---

You swing open the school door after staying for extra help in math.  The parking lot is still bustling with life even though school ended ten minutes ago.  While you walk to your car, you see Billy talking with another girl.  He glances at you before returning to the conversation. It's almost like he's putting on a show the way he's suddenly flirting with this girl. What's her name? You remember seeing her in your history class, but can't think of her name.

You storm over to your car and shove all your books onto the passenger seat. You look up from the driver's side of your car and Billy looks at you, letting out a victorious grin.  You get in your car, slamming the door shut. Without looking back, you drive off.

-----

Hey thanks again for reading, and make sure to vote / comment if you like the story or if there's an idea you want to see comment it! See you next chapter!

(Had to republish bc I forgot to add a title photo)