Chapter 5: Halloween

Hey! Thanks to all of you for being so patient for this episode.  I'm starting this on 5/10/20, and this chapter will probably take longer so I don't disappoint you. As always, if you've been reading this series consistently and like it, make sure to vote.  I always love to see the views slowly go up, and a vote makes my day.  Also,

y/n = your name

y/l/n = your last name

*CURSING* 

Enjoy!

--------

After a long day of school with boring lectures, you make it out to your car and rush home.  You don't have to worry about driving Robert anymore because he got his own bike, which also means no more after-school talks with Billy.  When you realize this, you feel a small knot in your stomach.  You push that feeling aside as you pull into your driveway.

You get to the kitchen and grab a light snack before making your way to your room.  You throw all your books on your bed and rush through all the homework you have.  Listening to all the top hits on your new radio, you breeze through English, History, and Science.  After completing those three, it's already 4:30.  You take a celebratory dance break as your mom opens your door.

"Hi, honey." She sits on your bed and you turn down your music. "I just spoke to Mrs. Wheeler, and you're all good to go to the party.  Just remember, when Nancy goes home, you go home."

"Of course, yeah." You say as your mom gets up and leaves you in your room.

Shit. I still have math.

You trudge back to your bed and start your math homework.  As you do difficult problem after difficult problem, minutes pass like seconds.  When you finally finish and collapse backward onto a pillow, you check the time: 6:00.

Shit.

You jump out of bed with only an hour to get dressed and ready.  You fumble around in your closet and throw on your costume: the leather skirt, plain t-shirt, and the leather jacket. You look at the bottom of your closet and find the perfect black close-toe platforms.  You shuffle over to your vanity and brush out all the knots in your hair.  You fluff it up then reach for your makeup bag.  You carefully apply lots of eyeshadow, a hint of blush, and plenty of mascara to make your eyes pop.  To top it off, you slather on a deep red lipstick.

"Y/n, your friends are here!" Your mom shouts to you from the bottom of the stairs.  You take a step back and analyze your look, from your heels to your hair. 

You get down the stairs and run out to the car. "Bye, mom!" You yell from the open door of Steve's car.  In the car are Steve and Nancy, both in costume.

"You ready to go?" Steve asks as he looks back at you and tilts his sunglasses, revealing his eyes.  You nod and Steve presses on the gas.

You're practically racing down your street when Nancy yells to Steve, "Lay off the gas, it's okay if we're late."  Steve decelerates and you cruise the rest of the way to the party.

You arrive at a house that booms with life.  In the front yard are partygoers, littered cups, and toilet papered bushes.  As you approach the front door, the bass of the music shakes your core.  You take a deep breath before following Nancy and Steve inside.

Inside the house, there are more people, partying, and punch; likely alcoholic.  You hang around with Nancy and Steve, but whenever you try to talk with them, you feel like a third wheel.  So, you excuse yourself to the dance floor and see a girl from your history class.

"Hey, y/n!" The girl, dressed like an alien, sways to the upbeat music. "How's it hangin'?"

"Hi, Kimberly," You start dancing to the music with Kim, who seems worried, "it's good."