Chapter 10: The Do-Over

Hi, I hope you enjoy this chapter. As always:

y/n = your name

y/l/n = your last name

*CURSING*

NOTE: To all my readers overseas in Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, etc., the publish date for these chapters is much more likely to be on Mondays because of the timezone.

Enjoy!

---

Beep. Beep. Beep.

You reach over and slap your alarm clock, digging your face into your pillow. It's only 8:30. Wait.

"Oh, shit" you leap up from your bed and throw your covers, accidentally throwing them off a half-asleep Billy. "Shit, shit, shit."

You're rummaging through your closet for clothes when a voice behind you pipes up, "The hell's wrong?" Billy's voice is groggy and hoarse.

"We have to go... school starts in ten minutes." You toss jeans and an old t-shirt onto your chair and begin packing your bag.

"You're seriously gonna go to school when we got five hours of sleep?" He rolls back over and lies down again. You put your school clothes down, giving in to Billy's pressure.

A knock. "Y/n?" Your mom practically yells through your closed door. "It's almost time for school."

"Don't say anything." You whisper to Billy, who's half-asleep. "Yeah, mom?" You mumble with your best sick-voice.

"Is everything okay in there? You don't sound too good." Your mom says concerned and jiggles your door handle.

"Yeah, I just don't feel well. I stayed up really late." You let out a fake cough and a sniffle. "I don't think I can go to school today." Billy sits up, amused by your lie.

"Oh, okay." Your mom says, relieved. "Well, I have to go to work and your father is off on a work trip.  Your brother also doesn't feel well and is asleep."

"Okay, love you, mom. See you after work." You grumble, sniffing again.

"Love you, feel better." Your mom's voice trails away.  You tiptoe over to the door, listening to your mom walk down the stairs and out the door. 

As you hear the front door close, you turn to Billy. "Well, that was painful to watch," Billy says snarkily. "Please, never become an actor."

"Shut up" You giggle. "Well, now that we're not going to school, where do we go?" You sit at the end of your bed.

"Back to bed." Billy moves over and digs his face into a pillow.

"Sounds good." You shrug your shoulders and move in next to him.  Just before you fall asleep, you look at Billy. God, he looks so peaceful when he's asleep.

---

You wake up to the sunlight illuminating your room.  You stretch out your legs and squeeze your eyes shut, taking a deep breath in.  Leaning out the open window is Billy, smoking a cigarette.

"Seriously? You just got up and you're smoking? It's 10:30." You sit up in your bed and stretch your arms.

Billy shrugs and holds the cigarette in his lips.  He walks over to your chair, where his coat is hanging.  He starts to slip it on and looks for his shoes.

"Where are you going?" You say, confused by the sudden exit.

"We are going to eat. I'm starving." He grabs your school clothes from earlier and hands them to you.