Chapter 9: Date Night

Hey, guys hope you like this chapter. As always:

y/n = your name

y/l/n = your last name

*CURSING*

*TRIGGER WARNING: ABUSE IS DEPICTED AT THE BEGINNING OF THE CHAPTER. If you're not comfortable with reading that, skip to the second scene. (It's between Billy and his father from one of the episodes). One other side note, I did use the f-slur but just because it's dialogue from the show.

Enjoy!

---

Rock music shakes the house as Billy gets ready for his date with you. He takes a deep inhale from a cigarette and puffs it into the air.  He sprays his hair with product and smiles to himself in the mirror.  Billy then grabs a small container of cologne and dowses himself.

A knock at his door.

"Billy?" Calls a rather frantic voice from behind the door.

"Yeah, I'm a little bit busy in here, Susan," Billy remarks while inspecting himself in the mirror.

"Open the door. Right now." Calls out a fierce voice.  Dread starts to set into Billy as he realizes his father, Neil, is there.

Billy reluctantly walks his way over to the door and opens it, revealing two faces: one concerned and the other furious. "What's wrong?" Billy asks, emotionless.

"Why don't you tell us?" Neil says with a sharpness to his voice.

"Because I don't know." Billy snaps at his father.

"We can't find Maxine," Susan explains.

"And her window's open." Says Neil. Billy takes a moment to take in this new information. "Where is she?" Demands Neil.

"I don't know." Billy mumbles.

"You don't know?" Neil says with a scoff. His face grows more agitated as he continues to question Billy.

"Look, I'm sure she just, I don't know, went to the arcade or something," Billy suggests half-heartedly. "I'm sure she's fine." Billy walks back into his room to continue getting ready.

Neil follows Billy into the room like a lion after a gazelle. "You were supposed to watch her."

Billy puts on a jacket over his red half-buttoned shirt. "I know, Dad. I was. It's just you guys are three hours late, and, well, I have a date." Billy sighs. "I'm sorry, okay?"

"So, that's why you've been staring at yourself in the mirror like some faggot instead of watching your sister?" Neil says, his face growing tenser and his words becoming sharper.

Billy snaps, "I have been looking after her all week, Dad. Okay? She wants to run off, that's her problem, all right?" He raises his voice, "She's 13 years old. She shouldn't need a full-time babysitter." Billy pauses and stops the music on his radio. "And she's not my sister!"

Neil snaps. A shove against a wall. A slap across Billy's face. A violent look in Neil's eyes.  A half-hearted apology to Susan. Promises made to find Max and cancel a date. One last abusive remark. 

Watery eyes and tears falling down Billy's face.

---

You get ready for your date as you recall your weekend in the empty house.  You walk downstairs and wait for Billy to pick you up, but get distracted by papers sprawled around the kitchen table.  You pick up and read one of the papers, recognizing your dad's handwriting. "Call information: Hawkins Lab attacked, few survivors, send help. Creatures from the Gate everywhere.  Don't trust Will Byers." You recall your dad leaving rather urgently because of a work emergency, but didn't think it would be this extreme.  Robert was right. But, what does don't trust Will Byers mean?