Chapter 7: Thursday Night

Hey, thanks for reading and stuff. As always,

y/n = your name

y/l/n = your last name

*CURSING*

Enjoy!

-----

You're sitting in your room home alone, finishing homework.  The sunset shoots through your opened blinds, painting golden streaks on your walls.  You put away your homework and flop backward onto your bed, staring at the ceiling tiredly.

You think about Billy and how he's probably making out with that girl from today.  About how he got so jealous of you talking to Steve and how he wants to get you back for that. Even though you know Billy's just with another girl in spite of you, you can still feel that pit of jealousy building in your stomach.

You gaze out your window and see the pitch-black night sky start to fill with stars. You let yourself forget about Billy as you let your mind get lost in the sky.  Out of nowhere, your daydream gets interrupted by a phone call. "Hello?" You call into the silent phone.

"Hey, y/n." Billy's voice answers.  In a moment of rage, you clench the phone and hang it back on the stand with a slam.  You take a deep breath in and your mind starts racing. If there's anyone I should be talking to, it's not him.

The phone rings again, making you jump.  You groan as you pick up the phone, about to curse Billy out.

"Please hear me out," Billy interjects your train of thought. You can hear the sincerity in his voice through the phone.

"You have one minute," You say and sit down on your bed.

"Listen, about me and Cynthia," Billy starts, pausing to think of his next words.

Oh... that's her name. Cynthia.

"I don't like her. Not like how I like you." Billy continues, scrambling for the right words.

"How do I know you don't just say that to every other girl?" You refill with anger and frustration. "How do I know that you didn't just get off the phone with Cynthia, Janet, and Sherry to talk the same crap?" You let out a deep sigh. "I know guys like you who just want to try to make naïve girls feel special. Only, you turn out to be a jerk and break hearts."

Billy takes a moment before responding. "Well-"

"I don't want to hear it. Have fun with Cynthia." You hang the phone up defeated, taking in what just happened.

The phone rings again. "Leave me alone, Billy!" You scream into the phone, but hear a different familiar voice on the other side.

"This is Steve." You can tell Steve is taken aback by what you just said. "What do you mean Billy? I told you to stay away from him."

"I know I know. He just keeps calling me and I just keep hanging up on him." You tense up with instant regret. "I swear."

"Oh okay.  Well," You can hear Steve rummaging through papers. "Do you think you can help me with the math homework?"

"That's why you had to call?" You roll your eyes and become much more relieved.

"Yes. It's confusing and I don't like it." Steve pauses, admitting, " And usually, Nancy helps me with my homework but-"

"It's fine. I'll help you."  You sit down on your bed and start to help Steve with the boring lesson.

While explaining a problem, a roar of an engine fills the air of your neighborhood. You jump up and look out your curtains. Mom and Dad shouldn't be home yet. Instead of the clunky family car, a familiar Camaro pulls up in front of the house. Billy gets out and looks up at the house.

"Actually, gotta go. Call you back?" You rush to close the blinds and try to get off the phone.

"Uh, sure." Before Steve can finish his thought, you hang up on him and rush downstairs.

---

In just jeans and a t-shirt, you rush outside into the cold autumn air.  Billy leaves the car running as he walks across your lawn toward you. 

"Billy, what are you doing here?" You cross your arms; partly because of the cold, partly to confront Billy.  "How did you find my house?"

"Your car's in the driveway." Billy walks closer to you, now on your porch, about ten feet away.

"You need to go. I don't want to talk." You turn away from Billy and start to open your door.

"Please just listen." You stop in your tracks, hearing those familiar words ringing out in your ears.

"Fine." Against your better judgment, you turn back to Billy.

Billy gets closer, now just a few feet away. "I don't care about Cynthia.  I only took her out to see if you would get upset." He has a genuine look in his eyes, so you lower your guard.

"Why would you do that?" You lean against your door and uncross your arms.

Billy's eyes begin to fill with the dangerous jealousy that occupied them when you were talking to Steve. "Well, when I saw you with that douchebag Harrington-"

"You got jealous.  Billy, Steve and I are just friends.  That's all we'll ever be." You smile and let out a little chuckle. "He's just a little overprotective."

"So are we still up for that date tomorrow?" Billy smirks charismatically.

"I can't this Friday. Plans." You recall Nancy wanting to go get milkshakes with you tomorrow.

"Well, soon. Y'know I'm dying to take you out." Billy eyes you up and down and smiles.

"I don't know." You lock eyes with Billy. "You do already have a reputation for-"

Your sentence is interrupted by Billy moving in closer to you.  He leans his hand against the house.  Your faces are now just a few inches apart.

"C'mon. It's just one night." Billy lifts his hand and runs his thumb across your lips. "What do you have to lose?" You look into Billy's eyes before gazing back down at his lips. Despite your better judgment, you pull each other into a kiss. Billy runs a hand through your hair and you can taste the tobacco on his lips.  You pull away from him and he stops leaning on the wall.

"Okay. Just one night." You cross your arms and grin up at Billy who smiles back at you.

"Well let me know when." Billy brushes his hair back.

Billy walks back to his car and speeds off into the night.  You watch him drive away and let out a smirk. Billy Hargrove, what are you doing to me?

----

I hope you guys liked this chapter! Thanks to all you out there (including those from Pinterest you know who you are) who have taken a liking to this story.  Make sure to vote or comment if you like it, and I'll see you next chapter. Bye!