Chapter Three

"He's alive! Hahaha!" Melih laughs while seeing Micheal walk in the breakfast restaurant.

"Hey."

"Yallah! Get your ass in here. I'm dying!"

"I'm coming!" Micheal takes off his jacket and rushes in the kitchen. "What's up Yani." Micheal fist bumps his coworker and they start working. "Go prep, i'll take the kitchen."

"That was the plan to begin with! Work slave!" Says Melih while faking to whip him. Micheal throws a piece of bread on him but he ducks down missing him. "Hey! That's for the clients stomach! Not for fun!"

"More like your face if you keep talking."

"Guys...?" Asks Yani.

They all stare at the three machines printing countless bills.

"You serious?" Asks Michael.

"Everyone is getting paid right? So... Time to eat!" Says Melih.

"I quit." Says Yani.

"Me too." Michael nods.

They laugh and get to work.

6 hours later...

"I can't feel my body." Says Micheal while laying on the chairs.

"Slept late again?" Asks Melih.

"Yeah." Micheal nods. "Nothing new."

Melih gets up and looks at his phone. "Oh god..."

"Your wife?" Asks Micheal while laughing.

"Yeah... My second one."

"I swear if you say my mom... Yeah... I don't have the strength to do anything. You get a pass."

"Haha no man! It's my other wife and our beloved partner Surez."

"What was his reason not to come to work this time?"

"He had to go visit his family in Toronto. With all of this quarantine shit going on, everyone is getting closer to their families or hating them haha."

"How about your wife and kids? How are they doing?"

"They are good man. Work and family is all we got now."

"Yeah... Right." Michael yawns countless times. 

"Yallah bro go home man. Thanks for the help. I appreciate!"

"Your lucky I came." Micheal gets up and laughs. "Aren't you going to pick up?"

"Nah. I'm going to make him call me again."

"Such an ass."

"Oh one more thing... Tell your mom to stop calling me. Seriously." Melih runs as Micheal tries to grab him.

"Alright I'm out! I'm going home to pass out for two days." Micheal walks towards him as they fist bump.

"Yallah go home!" Melih picks up the phone. "AHAAAAA! LOOK WHO IT IS? The asshole who left us."

Micheal looks at the time after seeing how dark it is outside.

10:45

"The day is already done..." Micheal walks towards his car and starts driving home.

He stops at the red light, right beside that same pizza restaurant and sees nobody around.

Micheal shakes his head and sighs. "Idiot... What am I even thinking? As if i'd talk to her." He looks around and sees the whole street empty.

He stares as the light continues to remain red forever.

Micheal clicks the gas passing the red light. As he drives by the pizza restaurant he can't help but glances one last time and sees nothing. "I'm just going to go to bed." He starts turning around to look ahead of him but as he moves a little ahead he sees someone's legs behind the restaurant.

He stomps the break stopping the car immediately, causing a screeching tire sound.

"What the hell am I doing?" He starts to breath heavy as he sees the feet not moving. "Could it be her? What... What do I do?" He takes out his phone and dials someone's number.

Ring... Ring...

"YIOOOOOOO!" Screams Johnny while answering the phone. "Sorry man but I can't talk for long. Super busy day at the hospital."

"YIOO! That's fine bro. I just got a quick random question."

"Sure man what's up?"

"There is someone laying outside by that old pizza place. What do I do?"

"The one just around the corner?" Asks Johnny.

"Yeah."

"Is this person okay? Did you check on him or her?" Asks Johnny.

"Not yet no."

"Okay good. Stay away. You never know what can happen... Call the cops or an ambulance and let them handle it."

"Doctor..." says a women.

"I'll be right there. Ah shit sorry I have to go man."

"Yeah... I'll figure something out."

"Dude no stop. Call the cops and let them handle it. You can't trust anyone these days. You would not believe the shit I am seeing. Makes me want to gauge my eyes and ears out."

"Okay... Thanks I got it. I'll do that." Says Micheal.

"Before I go you coming on tonight?"

"Ummm..." Michael looks at the boots. "Maybe, yeah."

"Alright cool! I'm working like 15 hours a day I might as well have fun when I'm home!

"Jeezus yeah man..."

"Doctor..."

"Alright! I have to go! See you later man. And hey don't forget! Wash your damn hands!"

"Got it. Thanks man." Micheal hangs up the phone and looks at the boots again.

He opens the door and walks out. He sighs and starts walking towards the back of the restaurant.

He sees the girl laying there... Asleep.

"It's her... Is she seriously sleeping in the middle of nowhere?"

"Mmmh." She moves around and starts to shiver as she had a thin sweater on.

"Should I wake her up? Would that be... Weird?" He stares at her as she was sound asleep. "I should just call the cops... And go to bed."

She turns a little and reveals a bruise on her lower stomach.

"She doesn't look like she's in pain..."

Micheal sighs and walks to his car.

To be continued...