Chapter Eight

"Who is iiiiiiiiiiiiiit~" Asks Jessica while peeking out from a window on the second floor.

"Open the door."

"I don't see her with you. Did you at least talk to her?" Asks Jessica.

"No."

"Come on Michael! How come?" Asks Jessica.

"I don't want to. And besides we both know I had no chance with her in high school. What's changed? She's still hot and i'm still... Me."

"Not true at all! You used to love doing everything before. Now all you do is either work or lock yourself in your room. You've changed!"

"Come on Jess... Open the door. I'm not joking."

"Hell no bitch! You're not the only one who can be stubborn! HA!" She sticks her tongue out and closes the window.

"Guess I'll just use my spare key I left under this rock." Michael walks towards it and goes on his knees to lift the rock.

Jessica opens the window again. "Oh and by the way... Look at what I goooot~"

"You're kidding..." Michael lifts the rock and sees the key gone. "What?!"

"HAHA LOSER! I GOT IT BEFORE! And guess what else?"

"You're not opening the door until I talk to her?"

"Yup! Now go bitch!" She laughs and pops her head back inside.

"Can I at least have my stuff back?" Asks Michael.

"Sure!" She peeks back out, holding his wallet and phone.

"Don't you dare!"

"Catch!" She drops his phone.

"AHSADH!" Michael runs and jumps catching his phone. "Ugh... That was close." He sighs and lays on his back, looking at Jessica smiling from above him. "When I get in there... You're dead."

A pack of gun falls on his chest. 

"Oof." Michael gets up and grabs the gum.

"If you get in... You still have to go talk to the girl. So... Good luck!"

"Wait! You are letting me in once I talk to her right? Like all I have to do is talk to her?" Asks Michael.

"Sure. But how are you going to make me believe you did?" Asks Jessica.

"I'll figure something out."

"A picture. Get me a picture and I will let you in."

"Are you insane?!" Asks Michael. "It's fine i'll just break a window and fix is later."

"NONONONO! Come on! Man up! You've been hiding in your room all your life.! It's time you man up."

"I am a man... Look at this rock hard body... Woo... Yeah totally a man. Now open up!"

"Never! Now go!"

"Fine..." Michael starts walking away.

"What, really?! I mean... Yeah bitch! Good luuuuuuck~"

"Thanks. I'll need it." Michael continues walking away. "How the hell am I going to do this?"

He continues walking and stares at the whole street empty, since everyone is still on early quarantine.

"I wonder when all of this will end?" He reaches into his pocket, takes out the pack of gum and eats one. He turns on the corner of the street and sees the girl sitting there.

"Okay..." Michael takes a deep breath. "Why the hell am I overreacting to this shit? It's simple. Just go and say hi. I've talked to so many girls online..." He starts walking towards her and sees her looking inside her little purse. "Only a few more steps to go..."

"Tsk...  Are you serious?! That ass!" She looks around in her purse and throws something outside.

"Nope. Nope nope nope nope." Michael turns around and starts walking away.

"Hm?"  She turns around and sees him walking away.  

"I've done this before and it never ends well." He continues walking away but after a few steps he stops. "But what if... She says yes." He continues to stand there thinking to himself. "Fuck it I'm just going home to die alone."

He continues walking home and stops half way.

"I'm not the same person I was before though... Am I?"

He starts walking back towards the dep again. He reaches the dep and sees her still sitting down. He turns back around and faces the other way again.

"Eh what the hell am I even doing back here again? This is pathetic."

"Ask yourself why? Why would I go out with you?"

"Well she's not wrong I guess. Why would she? I can't even grow the balls to even talk to her."

"Um... Hello?"

"What the fuck?!" Michael's eyes widen as he hears her voice from behind him.

To be continued...