Ø.1

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

𑁍

It has been two days since we escaped from Blackwater and found ourselves camped out in the old abandoned mining town. And since then, we had lost many people. Even John was now missing, and Abigail has been worried sick. Rightfully so, that is. The weather was only getting worse. The windows of the cabin were freezing, and the fire wasn't able to warm us all up throughout the day. Even worse, supplies were lessening, and everyone was slowly growing hungry. And Ms. Adler still hasn't spoken a word; poor thing. It just seems that everything hasn't being going anyone's way lately... The only thing keeping me motivated seemed to be getting everyone to safety. Especially Arthur, and little Jack.

"Arthur got you writing down your thoughts now?" Tilly teases, causing Abby glance over her journal, and smile at the woman seated on the other end of the fire.

"It's kinda nice. Keeps me kinda sane in a way." She tells the woman, before placing her belongings back into her bag beside her.

"How can you even think with how cold it is?" Karen asks the young girl, causing all the other woman around the fire to chuckle.

As her eyes scan the room, she notices Abigail. The only woman she go wasn't laughing, nor joining the conversation. She'd bet money on it that it was about Johns whereabouts.

"Hey, I'm sure he's fine." Abby whispers over to the woman, placing her hand onto her own, trying her best to console her.

"He ain't been seen in days, the weather ain't let up." Abigail speaks her worries, causing the girl to nod in understanding.

"He's strong and—Well, strong. I've known John for a long time. And Im certain that nothing can kill that bastard." Abby says reassuringly, laughing slightly at the thought. John was bone-headed, he proved that plenty of times. But somehow he always managed to pull himself out of many sticky situations.

"You think that you could talk with Arthur?" She asks after a few moments of silence, which only causes the young girl to sigh.

The thing was, the girl had no issue with asking her brother. It was rather trying to convince him.
Arthur would have an issue with it, regardless of who asked. Arthur held a grudge toward that man, for many reasons. But mainly because of what happened between them two, when they were younger.

"I don't know Abigail..." The blonde trails off, already shaking her head at the thought.

"Please. John won't last another day out there—You know that." The woman pleads to Abby, making her immediately give in. "Ugh—Okay, fine. But don't become infuriated when he refuses." She tells the woman, who which responds with an small hand squeeze.