12

" 𝐆𝐚𝐥𝐚 "

𑁍

"It's gonna work out John, it's gonna work out. Listen to Dutch." Hosea tells the stressed out father who was seated beside Arthur, Dutch, and Abby.

"Now, I don't expect you to understand this but I've never been more proud of you, then I am right now. You are doing the right thing." Dutch informs John, who only sighs out in defeat at the thought of Jack.

"If I don't get that boy back safe...I'm.. s-she'll kill us all..." John stutters out, clearly scared out of his mind of that becoming a reality.

"I know, but looking at this logically? Well that boy is fine. They took him to scare us, nobody takes a boy to harm him." Dutch tells the man, causing Abby to nod along with the men around the table.

"He's right John." She tells the man, hoping he'd calm down a bit. Everyone had to stay positive or things would be sure to turn to shit.

"What do you think Arthur?" Dutch asks the other Morgan sibling, in hopes Arthur will calm the father down a bit.

"That boy will be alright. But of course Marson's scared rotten, we killed all those people, and we stirred all that trouble? For nothin'." Arthur says, causing John to nod to himself.

"No... No, not for nothing. For livin'—Now we get that boy back, and we go. Trust me..." Dutch reassures Arthur and John once again.

"Hey Dutch! We gotta problem." Lenny exclaims causing the group huddled around the table to turn around to see the Pinkerton's making an appearance.

In one swift motion, Abby felt herself stand up from the table and place her hand near her garter. She always had her hand gun tucked underneath her dress, just in case.

"Not a problem...visitors... a solution—Good day fine people, Mr. Van der Linde, Mr. Matthews I presume." The leader of the Pinkerton group names off everyone around the table, before meeting eyes with John.

"And who are you?" He asks John, causing him to only tense up at the question.

"Rip Van Winkle."John sarcastically comments, which would've made Abby laugh, if it weren't for their current situation.

"Huh... Good day, sir." He says to the man, actually believing the name John gave himself, making Abby roll her eyes.

"Agent Milton, Pinkerton detective agency... Agent Ross." He introduces him and his comrade standing beside him.