Ø.2

GOOD SHOT

𑁍

Abby had woken up earlier then usual this morning, and decided on sitting by the window once again. It was her favorite spot, considering it was away from everyone else. It also allowed her to silently drawing shapes onto the cold window, while still being able to keep watch. There wasn't much to do on this mountain, especially for the women. So when the girl took notice of the men gathering outside, she was quick to slip outside before Ms. Grimshaw noticed.

"Where are you guys headed?" She asks breaking the tense conversation between Arthur and Dutch.

"Findin' us some O'Driscolls!" Dutch informs the girl in a tone of excitement, causing her eyebrows to raise at the thought. "Then count me in!" Abby exclaims with a bright smile, clapping her hands together.

"No. Nope, not happening." Arthur intervenes causing the girl's smile to drop into an instant frown.

"Since when were you the boss of me?" She asks while placing her hands on her hips, and giving her brother an look of irritation.

"Since our pa' died—Now get back back inside before you catch a cold." Arthur raises his voice slightly, clearly getting fed up with the his sisters stubbornness.  "No" She sternly tells the man, crossing her arms childlike.

"Will you children stop bickering?" Dutch orders the two siblings in irritation, now sitter upon his beautiful white stallion.

"Dutch, can I please come along? All I'm doing is sitting around! I want to help, and we all know you can use as many hands out there." She pleads to their leader seated upon his horse, while grabbing his hand, and giving him sort of puppy eyes.

"She does have a good shot' Dutch." Javier reminds their leader, while walking past the three, and towards his horse.

"Stay out of it, Escuella." Arthur grumbles angrily towards Javier, who responds with a raise of his hands in defense.

"Alright, fine. Abby you come along. But you listen to my orders, you understand?" Dutch says to the girl with a stern tone, immediately causing  her smile to break out in a smile. "Aye, Aye, Captain." She playfully salutes towards the man, causing Arthur to let out a huff of annoyance.

𑁍

Once they saw smoke coming up from the other side of the mountain, Dutch stops leading the group, and dismounts from his horse. "Alright, This is it—Are we goddamn ready?" Dutch asks his men.

"Ready, Dutch." They all response back in sync.

"Good." He says, before turning to grab an item from his horse's satchel—a pair of binoculars.

"Now Mr. Morgan and I, were gonna head up here a little. See if we can get a sense of the layout of the camp. Mr. Williamson, Mr. Bell. You two take up a position just outside of the camp. Mr. Summers, Ms. Morgan, Mr. Escuella. You three hold positions here—Lets go." He barks orders before walking up the snowy mountain side, leaving the rest to do follow their orders.