10

" 𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞 & 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 "

𑁍

It was a few days after the two shared their kiss and Abby was completely smitten. And It wasn't long for people in the camp to caught wind of the new couple. Many were supportive, even Arthur. Of course, he still withheld those doubts of it lasting, but he was supportive nonetheless.

After the girl had finished her chores, Ms. Grimshaw allowed her a small break. So she took the opportunity to draw in her journal, while accompanying Hosea at the table. She remained silent while she carefully sketched out Javiers appearance on her paper. But took occasional glances of the man while he was attending to his daily duties, before lightly sketch his features down. Before she knew it, she had completed the drawing. She couldn't help but smile at the sight, and feel somewhat proud at her art skills.

"What are you doodling, again?" Hosea asks once taking notice of the girls smile, while trying to look over at her journal. This immediately causes her to immediately shut it before the old man could get a glimpse.

"Oh, nothing." She awkwardly laughs off, causing the man to raise his eyebrow slightly at the young girl.

"You know, Hosea... Even I can't wait to get a little peek in that journal of hers." Javier says joining the conversation, causing Abby to chuckle.

"That's exactly why I hide it... All of you are so nosey." She mumbles to the two prying men.

"Why hide it? Are you hiding something from me, Hermosa?" He teases causing her to roll her eyes at the man.

"I have nothing to hide."

"Then you wouldn't mind if I take a look." He quickly says while trying to swoop his hand around the girl, trying to grab ahold of the journal, but fails miserably.

"Nice try, amigo." She says to Javier while standing up from her seat, then smacking her journal against the back his head. This instantly caused Hosea to laugh, and shake his head towards the two love birds.

Then suddenly the three overhear a loud laugh coming from Dutch's tent. As they looked over to see where the unpleasant laugh was coming from, couldn't be but intrigued.

"We got to talking... and they suggest a parley... to end things like gentlemen." Pearson informs their leader, causing Hosea & Abby's ears to ring.

"Gentlemen? Colm O' Driscoll? Have you lost your minds?" Dutch asks while walking out his tent, causing Abby to shake her head at the thought. There was no way of that ever happening. The feud between those two men would have to end with death.