Chapter 1

It was a long weekend. I hate the weekends. While most people are having sleepovers, hanging out with friends, going out and getting some drinks, I'm always stuck in my house, alone, usually reading, sometimes watching anime on Netflix or just scrolling through Tumblr. I don't have very many friends, my only friends, Sasha and Annie, have a lot of friends, except I don't really like them. I'm too shy. I don't ever hang out with them since they are always either with those other friends, or having a "girls night." They feel bad, but I say I have other friends I can do something with. A lie.

School is even worse.

I was at my locker, just getting my book bag and everything, ready to go home, when I felt someone "accidentally" bumping into me. I fell, books and notes went everywhere, which was followed by laughing and a "get out of my way, blondie!" I looked up to meet a pair of emerald green eyes staring down at me. They had that terrifying glint in the corners and belonged to the Eren Jaeger.

Eren was tall, tan, had nice dark brown hair... And might I say... He was attractive.
But even with all that, in his stunning gorgeousness, Eren was terrible to me.

"Hello? Blondie? I said get out of my way!" He repeated, a bit harsher this time. I scrambled to gather up all my notes a books back together and ran away. But I'm too slow. Eren seems to have a weird hobby with torturing me. A few other boys were waiting for me around the corner. Jean Kirstein, Reiner Braun, and Bertholt (Bert) Fubar. Bert and Reiner stopped me and turned me around. Eren was following me of course.
I felt the arms throwing down in front of Eren, who then kicked me, and hard, right in the stomach. My notes and books, they went flying once again. Another kick.
This is getting out of hand. But that never means he would stop
I have no chance against Eren Jaeger, so I laid down on the floor and accepted my fate. I stayed still on the ground until I heard yelling. The teachers found us, once again and dragged all the boys away, another teacher taking me to the nurses office.
They called my grandpa to come and pick me up, right after they gave me an ice pack. Of course grandpa came to pick me up, and of course he would be asking questions.
"Armin, how long has this been happening?"
"Four months."
Actually since I started at this school, four years.
"Why didn't you tell anyone?"
"I didn't want to get anyone else involved, grandpa."
I was afraid to.
"Who were they?"
"I don't know."
I wouldn't call it lying, but stretching the truth, perhaps.
"Do you know why these boys are hurting you?"
Well grandpa, because I have such a feminine appearance, with my long hair, about zero muscle and thin body. Also both my parents are dead. Killed in a car accident. And I'm a nerd, it's perfect for them.
I shrugged.
Thankfully, there were no more questions after that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When grandpa pulled up to his house, I practically leaped out of the car, into the house, and up the stair to my room. I didn't want to talk about school anymore.
Instead, I laid down on my back, in my bed and stared straight up at the ceiling. For some odd reason, I couldn't get the picture of Eren's face out of my head. Sure, he was attractive, but he's a terrible person. Just as I was falling asleep, I heard that tiny voice in my head whisper, "you're in love with Eren Jaeger."
And that thought haunted me for the rest of the night.