Chapter 3

Armin's POV

Grandpa came rushing into my room, he heard my scream. "Are you okay Armin?" He asked when he saw me sitting up in my bed, wide eyed and confused.

I turned my head to him and nodded, "y-yeah I'm fine. It was just a bad dream..."

Yeah... A bad dream where the hottest guy ever kissed me...

Grandpa nodded and closes the door quietly, I laid back down and eventually fell asleep once again. That haunting dream would only invade my thoughts again the next morning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was right. As soon as the beeping of my alarm clock woke me up, I remembered Eren, I remembered getting hit and kicked, and of course the, I try to convince myself, terrible dream. All just making me dread going to school.

I dug through my closet trying to find something to wear until I decided on a white collar shirt, a blue sweater vest, jeans and my blue converse. I then ran down the stairs, into the kitchen and found that grandpa had already gotten breakfast out for me. But grandpa wasn't there. In his place there was a neatly folded note. I picked it up and read it.

Armin,
I got called in to work early this morning, I'm sorry I couldn't give you a heads up but you'll have to ride the bus to school today. I'll see you when you get back!
~Grandpa

I sighed and put the note down, I hated the bus and grandpa knew it. That's why he always drove me to and from school. I sat down and started eating my cereal after pouring myself a glass of orange juice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I met Sasha at the bus stop and received a smile, wave and a "Hi Armin!" I smiled back and stood next to her, "Hi Sasha." Soon enough, Annie came along as well, she just nodded at me and waved.

So we stood at the bus stop in silence, well I did anyway, Sasha and Annie were giggling about things they did over the weekend, boys, and other things I didn't understand. Finally, the bus pulled up and we filed on. Like every time I ride the bus, I sat in the first seat behind the driver, took out a book and started to read with my knees curled up to my chest.

After many stops of teens that all seemed the same to me had gotten on, just one grabbed my attention. I looked out the window and saw Eren Jaeger. And he was with a girl that was a bit taller than him, had poker straight black and the same color black eyes.

I'll admit the girl was pretty, but if you havn't figured it out already, I'm gay.

That wasn't surprising. It did surprise me when the girl say down in the same seat as me and Eren headed for the back of the bus.

What surprised me even more, was this girl actually spoke to me, and it wasn't criticism like what I would expect from one of Eren Jaeger's friends. She was... Nice.

"Hello." She said dully, but gently.

"H-hi..." I responded, my shyness getting the better of me.

She smiled, probably realizing how shy I was.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"A-Armin." I was trying not to stutter I swear I was trying. "A-and yours?"

"Mikasa."

That seemed like a strange name... I had never heard of a name like that before, but it was pretty. I liked it.

I went back to my book and heard Mikasa sigh, "You don't seem like the social type, so I'll help you." She said lowering my book from my face. I decided it would be more polite if I put it away, so I obediently slipped my book back into my book bag.

Mikasa smile "'atta boy. Now... I want to get to know you..."

Somehow, I had made a friend.

And a REAL friend.