Chapter 6

Armin's POV

There I was, face to face with Eren Jaeger... And he WASN'T teasing me, beating me up, or doing anything to me at all. I should hang out with Mikasa more often.

I still felt nervous around him. I had to make up an excuse to get away... Just for a minute...

"Um... Excuse me where's your restroom?" I asked shyly.

Eren looked down at me and put on a smile that actually looked... Nice. "Down that hallway on the right." He said pointing at a hallway. "You know what? I'll just show you." He took my arm and led me down the hall. No this is not what I meant.

He stopped at a door and nodded. "In there."

"Th-thank you..." I pulled out of his grip and rushed into the restroom, closing the door quickly behind me.

Eren's POV

It didn't even occur to me until after he disappeared behind the door, that I probably scared him shitless. The way I grabbed his arm and dragged him off... I saw the kids eyes widen just a smallest bit.

I remember the first year I had Armin in a class with me. He was so cute. But I thought he was a girl at first, until I got a good look at his face and realized, 'he's not a girl! He's the cutest boy I've ever seen!'

Since that day, I felt funny talking to him, and I knew what that meant, but was so determined to convince myself that, no, I don't have a crush on a boy, that I started bullying him.

But the feelings never went away, and now Armin is in my house, and this is probably my only chance to ever talk to him, in a friendly way. "I will take advantage of this." I told myself, and pressed my ear to the door.

I heard water running. It was safe to go in.

I opened the door, probably a little too quickly because Armin visibly jumped about ten feet into the air. I tried not to laugh at that, it was adorable.

I tried to make my self look friendly, "Sorry Armin."

"I-it's okay." He stuttered.

"No. I'm sorry for being such an ass to you."

He looked shocked. I would be too if I were in his position. He didn't say anything, and I didn't expect him too.

I figured I would have to be the one to break the silence.

"Armin... It's okay if you hate me. I would see why but... I'm asking you to be my friend, Armin."

His jaw dropped, still nothing.

I sighed, "I figured you would-"

"O-okay..." That was Armin little voice... Did he agree to be friends with someone that has left him bruised and bleeding? I thought he was smart...

I hugged him, gently."

"I won't ever hurt you again, Armin."