𝐯. 𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧

❝and maybe someday

❝and maybe someday.
you and i.
again.❞

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"I'm calling it off. Peterkin said, if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS."

"And you believed her?"

"Yes, I believe her, JJ."

"An actual cop, John B. You believed a cop."

"All I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple days, and she'll help me out." He paused, "And it doesn't help that your add was the one shooting a gun."

"You know what I should have done? Just let Topper drown your ass."

"Yeah because Topper was gonna drown me?" John B sarcastically asked, putting his hands on the chair Amelia was sitting in.

"Sure looked like it."

"Funny."

"Have you looked in a mirror?" JJ ignored John B's comments, continuing, "They always win, don't they, man? Kooks versus Pogues. They always, always win! Goddamn!"

"Look," Kie started, "It's okay!"

"No, it's not okay!" JJ replied, hitting the ball attached to the roof. "It is not! They dont want us to go down into the marsh. That means there's something valuable down there, and you know it. I know you do. And understand why you don't wanna go." He said, looking at Pope, "You're the golden boy. You got way too much to risk. And you- you're rich as fuck anyway." He turned to Amelia and John B "But you, me, Amelia. Man, we got nothin' to lose. We really don't, all right?"

"JJ--"

"And I know it didn't use to be that way for you," JJ turned away from John B, looking at Amelia. He held sympathy in his eyes, shaking his head and turning to John B again. "For either of you."

"I don't wanna talk about this," The group watched as John B walked away, "I don't wanna talk about this."

"So that's it?" JJ started again, "John B, listen to me. I have a plan. You got the key to Cameron's big boat, right?"

"No. JJ—"

"There's scuba gear," He finished, "We just borrow that, and then we go down to the wreck this afternoon, and that is what's gonna save you, man. You don't see rich kids going into foster care, do you?"

Amelia, Kie, and Pope looked at each other, shaking their heads. There's a million ways this could go wrong. They just had to hope it wouldn't.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"This is empty, shit brain."