𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

a/n listen to nate growing up and mount everest by labrinth

—a/n listen to nate growing up and mount everest by labrinth

❝im sorry to all the people i hurt while i was hurting❞

———

Amelia walked into the large house, kicking her shoes off into the door. She entered the kitchen, grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl in the middle. The brunette walked into the living room, seeing the entire household.

Her brother ran into her arms, the apple dropping to the floor. She looked down at the boy, noticing his red, tear stained eyes.

"What the hell did you do to my brother?" She spat, looking at her father and Rachel on the couch.

"Amelia, sit down."

"No, I want you to tell me why my brother is fucking crying right—"

"Amelia, your mother died."

The girl felt like she was drowning in the silence that overtook the room. She wanted to scream, but she couldn't even speak. Her head pounded, numbness filling her mind. She felt lost, unhappy, guilty, and confused.

"How"

"Cancer. She relapsed" Rachel said softly.

The couple in front of her sat in silence, watching her mentally crumble. Her brother sped off into another room, not leaving behind anything but sobs.

"I'll get him-"

"No," Amelia started, her face masked with no emotion. "I got him."

She trailed after her brother, shaky hands opening the door. She saw him under his covers, silent cries echoing throughout the room.

"Oli, come here." She spoke softly, pulling the covers off his head. The boy ran to her arms immediately and she comforted him.

"Is she really gone, Lia?" He spoke, his voice quiet.

The girl didn't know what to say. She was lost herself, trapped in her own emotions. How could she help her brother when she couldn't even help herself.

"No," She spoke, "She'll always be with us."

The two didn't speak, sitting in silence as the girl played with his hair. It wasn't long before the small boy fell asleep in her arms. Amelia looked at her phone, going straight to her voicemail. She let the audio fill up the silent room.

Hey Mels,
I know you're mad at me right now, and I
can say I would be mad at me too. I let
you go with your father because I knew It would
be better for your future. Your father has the one
thing I couldn't give to you. I just want to say that
I love you and I'm sorry I couldn't give you the world.