Chapter 3

Skylar:

I control the air. That includes the weather. My hair is white, and although that is what happens with age, my hair has been like that since birth. My eyes are grey to aid in signifying my element of air. I went to a private school at first but I went to public school after that. I bounced around a lot because I moved houses very often. Everyone always freaked out when they saw me because my hair is white, and as a kid/teen my hair shouldn't be white. This would be true, except that I'm not a normal kid. Schools always asked me why my hair is white and why my eyes are grey. I would always have to explain to them that I have had white hair and grey eyes since birth. I have never done anything to make them be that way. My life was an endless cycle of going to different schools all over the place until I finally stopped going to school.

My birthday is in two months and if I know the legend like I think I do, then we all have to be together by the time water turns 10,033. He will hit that age in 3 months; 1 month after I do. Fire hit that age today, so today is when she can start looking for us, and since she is the oldest it is her responsibility to find all of us and bring us together. We can help her once she finds us but we can't look for the others until she does. Also, she has to find us in age order so she has to find earth in the next month, me in two months, and water in 3 months. When I am found I am going to do everything I can to help her find water.

When I was born my parents couldn't take care of me even though they didn't know that they didn't need to since I don't eat, drink, or sleep. They left me on someone's front doorstep and I have never known who they are. I bounced from foster home to foster home trying to find a family who didn't find me creepy or weird. I hated it, there was never anyone there for me because no one was like me and they always found me weird. Now I prefer to be alone, but I know that one day I will have to live with the other three, so that we can keep balance in the world. I will live with them until we complete our mission and hopefully I will learn to like being around other people. I will willingly go with fire and earth when they find me and try to learn to like other people.

I vow to stay with the others and make sure that they know that there are four of us. I will make sure that they know that they are not alone in the world like I thought I was for so long, and do not become isolated from society like I am. I am the sky elemental.