Chapter 6

Forrest:

This random girl has come up to me in the woods. She has asked me for my name and told me that hers is Ember. She fits the perfect description of the fire elemental, but I can't be sure that she is unless she proves it. So I tell her to.

She closes her eyes and begins to change. She was telling the truth. She is in fact another like me, over 10,000 years old, yet still looking and feeling 17. Heat radiates off of her as she changes which tells me that she was telling the truth about another thing, her element. She is the fire elemental. She is becoming a dragon. When she finishes transforming I can see that she is 10 feet tall in this form, and her wings are blackened from the fire that she spits each time she roars. She roars now, and it is so loud that it could've been heard from miles away. After she returns to her human form, she still smells strongly of fire, which reminds me of my childhood with my parents.

"The smell will wear off eventually," she says.

"Ok," I respond, but it smells so good that I'm secretly hoping it won't.

"Now, to explain what is going on that caused us to all suddenly know that we have to find each other," she says.

"I know it is some kind of issue in the balance of the universe and the elements, but that's about it," I remind her.

"I know, but now I need to explain what is going on. There is an instability in the atmosphere which causes another imbalance in the hydrosphere. The other two are the ones who can fix this, so we need to find them ASAP."

"So basically, what normal people are calling 'global warming'?" I ask.

"Yes except that it is worse than that, it isn't just melting ice and glaciers, there are whole ponds, lakes, and rivers completely disappearing. And if we don't act fast, eventually the oceans will dry up too," she explains.

"So we need to find sky and water now, we don't have two months like we should, we need to find sooner than that."

"Correct, so let's start looking."

~

It has taken us two weeks, but I see a girl our age high up in a tree up ahead, her hair is bright white. I think that is her, the sky elemental.

"Ember, I think I see her up in a tree up ahead," I say.

"I think I do too, and I have a plan to get her to come down," she replies.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Walk into that clearing, and transform without a word. That way she'll know we are like her and come down."

"Ok."

So we walk into the clearing and close our eyes. I become a unicorn and Ember becomes a dragon.

A/N: I just realized as I was retyping this chapter (remember I lost the original file) that he never actually told her his name. She just kind of all of a sudden knows it in the next chapter. This was an accident and will be fixed in the edited version that I publish once I finish retyping and publishing the original version. I did not fix it here because I have chosen to leave it exactly as the original hard copy that I have is (mistakes/errors and all). Thanks for understanding. <3