Chapter 7

Skylar's POV:

Two strangers have walked into the clearing that my tree overlooks. They look like they might be other elementals. It has been five weeks since fire started looking for us, so she should have found earth by now. That means that they should be looking for me now. Maybe that is them who just walked into the clearing. Without a word, they close their eyes and answer my question. They begin changing; the boy becomes a unicorn and the girl a dragon. They have confirmed that they are the fire elemental and the earth elemental, but that still doesn't mean that I trust them. I haven't ever trusted anyone. I don't see why I shouldn't trust them; they are exactly like me and are supposed to be looking for me to help me and for me to help them. I look back down at the dragon and unicorn side by side and realize that they have returned to their human forms and are staring at me; I assume they are waiting for me to come down from the tree. I begin climbing down and realize that I have no idea what I am going to say to them. I decide that I will introduce myself and then do exactly what they did; become my mythical form. In my case, that form is a Pegasus. I reach the ground and walk over to them.

"Hi, I'm Skylar, and I assume that you know I am the sky elemental," I say.

"Yes, we do know that, and we have been looking for you for the past two weeks,: says the girl.

"I'm Forrest, and this is Ember" the boy adds.

"What is the issue that caused us to need to meet?" I ask.

"It's your turn to tell her, Forrest," says Ember.

Forrest then explains to me that there is a problem in the atmosphere causing there to be melting and evaporation in the hydrosphere. Eventually, there will be no water left. I am needed to help fix the atmospheric problem, and then water will return all of the water to where it is supposed to be.

"I could tell that there was something wrong in the air, but I wasn't sure what," I say when he is done explaining. "What will you two be doing if the problem doesn't have anything to do with your elements?"

"I will be teaching Forrest how to use his powers, he has never been through the hardships that caused him to have to learn his powers, he had a great life," says Ember.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I know everyone's stories, and what they have been through. I just don't know your names until you tell me, or where you are until I find you," replies Ember. "I know everything about every one of you, including that your parents left you on a doorstep when you were only a couple weeks old and water's parents left him for dead on the side of a road a few months after he was born. Now he lives in an ocean, but I'm not sure which one."

"I lived with my parents until I was seventeen, I ran away because I thought they would be embarrassed that they had a kid who didn't age past 17," says Forrest.

"What about you, Ember? What's your story?" I ask.

"I'd rather not talk about, I'm glad that I'm the only one who knows everybody's stories," she says coldly.

"Oh, ok. I'm sorry I brought it up" I say.

"It's ok, just try not to ever ask me about my story unless I bring it up. If I ever bring it up, feel free to ask as many questions as you want."

"We should start looking for water," interrupts Forrest.

"Good idea," Ember and I reply in unison.