Chapter 18

Y/N

I cant believe I fell into his trap. The voice was whispering things, and it controlled my movements.

As soon as I fell into the hole, a powerful wind pushed me and whisked me away into what looks like a tunnel. Another tunnel, and another.

I stopped at another dark place, lit by a single candle. How it didnt get blown out by the wind, I don't know.

My head throbbed, and I tried to touch it when something metalic thugged at my arm. It glowed molten red and steam rose above it.

"ARGHH!" I trashed nd screamed. The pain was unbearable. As I moved more, the metal thing on my other arm and both legs heated up.

I realized, that if I dont move, it wouldnt activate. And then, as if reading my mind, a voice spoke.

"Don't struggle. It will ge worse," the voice said as it chuckled.

From the direction of the candle, a woman came into the light. She was about 40, and she matches the woman in the picture slenderman showed me.

She's the Mayor's Wife. She's young to be an old man's wife, that's why I decided not to kill her. But then I realized...

Why is she here, and not her husband? 

"You..." I scowled as I showed my glowing red eyes.  I wasn't afraid of her. "We meet again, Zalgo."

Zalgo, in the body of the Mayor's wife, smiled. I recognized that smile, and tge memories came rushing back.

I was snapped back to reality when Zalgo held out a jar. It was a painted black, with a red lid. "You should not have left their bodies in my realm, 3 years ago.

At first, I was confused. What was he talking about?

But then I remembered Damien, and the voice inside his head. Cole's hatchet. Slenderman's theory.

"Guys?" I whispered. Before i knew it, tears were forming in ny eyes. I squeezed my eyes shut and let them fall.

"You see, (Y/N), when my realm crumbled, I had this wonderful idea! I saw my old friend's proxies and I know how strong and powerful they are. However, their bodies were nothing but an old shell when one of my minions saw them. Their spirits? gone. But then..." he paused, smiling like a maniac. He laughed as he placed the jar on the ground. He continued...

"They were drawn to one boy only... The one with the stronger aura than ol' Slender. Maybe stronger than you... " he laughed.

"Just stick to the point!" I schouted at him.

"Damien. Their spirits followed him around, and that explains why I'm always with him too. I was following the spirits of the young proxies. The ones named Hoodie... and Masky... are in this jar.

"That pesky little ticking boy was only there when I wasn't. Thus, I didnt catch him... yet. He's smart... but I'm wiser." Zalgo laughed. It was wierd, seeing a woman talk and kaugh in a demonic male voice.

So that explains it. The voice in Damien's head. But what bother's me is one thing... Why did he catch them? He wasted his time and energy for what? I know Zalgo, and he just attacks. Why wait three years?

"Why?" I simply asked.

"Power, (Y/N). I have the ability to consume their power," he said.

That's when I snapped.

"CURSE YOU! YOU'RE A MONSTER--!"

"Aren't you, too? You didnt realize it yet? Let me tell you this... If I'm a monster, you're not less a monster than I am." Zalgo smiled and the candle went out.

"Do you want to know where we are, (Y/N)? Do you want to see?" he said, and I heard a light switch on. Suddenly, the whole room  wasn't dark and my eyes struggled to adjust to the light.

"Do you remember this place, (Y/N)?"

I cant believe it once I can see clearly. It was the basement of my old house. Where I was punished for days, with no food when I was younger. It only stopped when I was in middle school because my teacher interrogated my parents--long story.

But now... I'm back. And the memories came back with me.