Chapter 2

I was extremely perplexed by the sight in front of me.
Let me rephrase that,
I was shitting in my pants. Not literally.

Even though Jordan's eyes were everywhere except my face, he was still standing there. In front of me. As hot as ever. With his dark blonde hair, white v neck, body full of ego and hands in his grey sweats' pockets it was like a hole opened in my body all the buried emotions blasted out in a quick motion.

God. Why.

And then my eyes shifted to the left.

The kind Devil.

Trey.
Trey Parker.

The living epitome of kindness and sweetness packed in a gorgeous body.

Is it wrong to call a boy beautiful? Because he was so damn beautiful. Pretty. Perfect in his oversized T-shirt tucked in his jeans.

Five years. That's how long I've had a crush on Trey which I learned to suppress while dating his best friend, Jordan, and that incident also helped.

I know He hates me.

God do I love him. I mean hate. I hate him too.
God do I hate him.

"As much as I love this stare off, we are really hungry and you have been clogging this line for the past 10 minutes. I don't wanna be rude or anything but my hunger knows no bounds." He said with a blank expression.

I couldn't process what he just said. I just stepped aside as a reaction and the moment I did, they moved forward pretending like nothing had happened.

Like one of them didn't just cheat on me two months ago with my only enemy.

I wanted to feel happy that they didn't want anything to do with me. I was happy. But I knew a part of me, a small one was sad that the only reason they talked to me was because they had to.

"What the fuck happened. Why did they talk to you? Does someone needs to have their asses stuck to a chair" hails asked me as she came with a tray filled with stuff for both of us, for which she earned her a snort from me.

We were walking to a table at the corner when my attention was drawn to the table at the center of the cafeteria.

"Hey Katherine come sit with us" Cole shouted at my direction not caring that students were staring.

"Yeah come! You don't have to talk to Jordan." Melissa joined him whispering the last part.

"Yes kath. It's been a while. You can sit next to me" Alex asked with a pout. How can I say no to that.

"And like always we won't mind if Hayley comes with you. She's a part of our gang now. Even though she doesn't say a word" Cole said with a shrug.

Dating one of  the most popular guys in school comes with a perk. You befriend all the popular people. From a far they did seem bitchy and annoying but when I  got to know them they're still bitchy and annoying, but like all friends are.

I avoided meeting them in the vacation because I needed time to rethink stuff.

I looked at Hails for an escape but all she said was "at least we can escape tony"

As we were walking over to the corner of the table, trying to avoid any eye contact with the boys sitting in the middle our principal walked in causing the room filled with hormones and chaos go dead silent.

"Good morning students. Welcome back. Hope everyone had a nice summer break and are all set to get back on track and start focusing on academics. Speaking of academics, the science league results are back which will be announced at the end.

This year we have a lot of expectations from the seniors. And we want one hundred percent result from each one of you. I hope you are making the new comers feel welcomed. This year I want no complains."

With that the students went back to eating and mumbling. We had this whole 'first day of school' speech memorised.

After listening to an eternity of what it felt like listening to the same song who hated again and again she finally came to the point.

"So, as you all know, our school and Ohatier high won the science competition, so the students with the top score in the science league test of both schools would get to go on the famous Baxtors science camp for free."

This felt like a sports match, where everyone's sitting at the edge of their seat waiting for the final ball.

Every single student wants to go to this camp. Everyone. It's the most prestigious in the area. This would be equivalent to a perfect SAT score for their collage applications.

And our schools science league consisted of 50 seniors out of which only eight could go so this was a tough competition.

I am like 80% sure that me and hails will get in.

I wasn't too scared for me and Hails, after all we did together was study. Study. Study. Cry. Study.

I wasn't scared because I'm pretty sure Den and Trey do not stand a chance.

"The followings student will get the opportunity to go to the Baxter's science camp."
Her voice echoed through the room. She cleared her throat and continued.

"Katherine Karenair
Hayley darner
Abby dexter
Melissa young
Jordan decker
Ben cooper
Gabby dexter and
Trey Parker"

"What the fuck" me and hails shouted together causing the people in the pin drop silent room to stare at us.

"Miss Karenair and Miss kavanaug , language." The principal glared at us earning a small "sorry" from me.

"Why is she using my middle name! Now everyone knows it" hails whispered to me.

"Yes Hayley Darner, that's the only thing to freak out about now right?" I gave her a blank stare.

Her eyes widened in realization and she exclaimed "oh shit! Trey and Jor-" her whispering was interrupted by the teacher.

"The above students are requested to collect the permission slips from me and submit them positively tomorrow because due to some emergency the camp has been preponed to the coming week. Hope y'all are excited!"

With this she walked out of the room having no idea of the disaster she started. Everyone started shouting and discussing.

And that's when my eyes fell on Jordan. He was staring at me. His green eyes piercing my soul.
My soul hurts. He's hurting it. I wanna yell, please stop hurting it.

I can't.

I also can't exactly decipher them. Is there guilt?
Or anger?
He is definitely hurt.
Is he though?
Or is it confusion?
I hate emotions.

I hate him.

Now why was he still staring at me.
I moved my eyes across the table to find the seat where Trey was sitting- empty. When did he leave?

That's when I heard the squicking sound of Jordan's chair. He gave me a last glare and left the hall.

What the fuck was that?

He didn't even look at me before. He didn't even talk to me. He hasn't even called to apologize for his fault yet and he's the one to glare at me? The audacity-

"I didn't like the lunch today. The sandwich didn't have enough tomatoes" hails announces.

I wasn't even surprised at this point.

Why was I waiting for the recess again? This was a nightmare.

"Lets get through the rest of the day without talking about it and then we'll go back to your house to sort this disaster." We fist bumped like the broskies we are and dispersed.

I have to accept the truth.

I'm going to be stuck 200 miles away from my house with my ex boyfriend and his best friend.

Whom I'm over with.
I am.

I am over both of them.