Chapter 9

You guys are more quite than my class when our teacher asks a question and everyone's on mute lol.

(Please don't be silent readers🥺🥺)
.........

We reached the camp at 7.
The rest of the bus ride was a blur. All I did was talk to hailey and give momentarily glances to Jorden. For some reason, he looked devastated.

I wanted that to make me happy. But it didn't.

The moment we got down the bus, we had to be segregated by gender.

All the girls to the left, boys to the right.

It was twilight, but mostly dark. I wiped away the nonexistent sweat from my face when a hot breeze blew in my face.

"Good evening everyone. I'm kate arnal, head of the camp. I know everyone must be exhausted, sitting in a bus for 6 hours, but here, you must always look positive. And that's rule number one. Never look tired. Lazyness is for losers." I could hear numerous sighs and 'whatever's' in the background.

"That brings us to the second rule. No cell phones allowed inside the campus" a series of groans and curses erupted from the crowd of crazy teenagers.

"No phones? What will I do at night? Sleep?" Hails shouted from my side.

"No need to shout children. You're all almost adults now"

What the fuck?

"Isnt it against the law or some shit" a boy shouted.

The complaints of the students, now filled with rage, were blatently ignored.

After submitting our devices to the old man with no teeth, who looked like a possible pedophile, we were alotted our dorms.

yes, dorms.

Seemed like hailey was quite right. All our luxory ended as the camp began. In the huge fucking bus.

There was a rectangular building which looked like an old motel where thriller murder movies take place.

Kate seeing our frustated and equally confused reaction, reviewed "Y'all seem like its the first time you have seen dorms. Its okay, the first timers are the most intereting. This should be fun." This earned her a glare from most of the students.

I felt bad for her, facing the wrath of deranged teenagers can be mentally exhausting. I just gave her a smile, making it as sincere as I could.

"Coincidently, there are equal number of girls and boys. The girls dorm is through the left stairs and boys' from the right stairs. The first floor has the canteen and the sitting area. you may choose your own beds in the dorms. There should a copy of all the rules, an itinerary and a brochure on each bed."

No one stayed to hear another word; a series of quick 'byes' and 'fuck offs' were heard from boys and girls as they sauntered towards the respective stairs.

I gave a half hug to Alex and being the slow walker I am, we reached the dorm the last and were given the corner most bunker bed. Hailey on the bottom one, me on the top one. We both couldn't be more ecstatic as this would have always been our first choice.

After dragging and stuffing all the luggages inside the mini cupboard allotted to us, changing and washing my face, we settled with at the upper bed with 4 packets of lays which were buried inside safely in my luggage.

According to the itinerary, we had to assemble at the dinning hall at 8:15. Sharp.

So we had only 15 minutes to talk. Not like we've been with each other for the last 10 hours.