Chapter 6

"Why what?" Jordan asked, looking around the seat, not daring to meet my eyes.

And that question, which I wanted not more to answer, rendered me numb.

At that moment, I made the hastiest decision of all.
I knew I had to do this one day. Why not be done with it on the first day? I wouldn't have to talk to him for the rest of the trip. That was my plan all along right?

"Why everything Jordan" I said sitting down next to him.

"look at me and fucking answer"

"You're the one who asked me out knowing damn well I was not your type, assuring me you would never, ever break my heart. You made me fall for you and you, my friend, made me feel like the fucking princess I deserved to be. Until the day you went ahead and cheated on me"

I paused for him to say something but we both knew he shouldn't. I needed to get everything out.

"And after everything, Jorden, you didn't even apologize." Saying this out loud snapped me back to reality and I regained my posture.

"And I'm not complaining. I don't give a fuck about you now. Last two months were the best ones of my life. And I want to continue that. I came back to school wanting nothing to do with you." I took a deep breath and continued,

"And what did you do Den? You acted as if I was the one who had cheated on you with some bimb-
Shit, I did not mean that, but still. The audacity you have to glare at me. Jorden you have no idea how much I want to slap you. Punch you." and with this, all the control I had gained, was lost.

All the anger management classes seemed meaningless as I slapped him. Hard. Dang, I missed doing this.

He looked at me, with the same expression, not even slightly effected.

And at that moment regret took over my countenance, not because I've slapped him, but because I hadn't done it harder.

How could he stay so calm. I needed him to be affected.

"And Jorden, you made me cry" and with this, his eyes widened and I could practically hear his heart breaking into pieces.

It looked like he was in the verge of breaking down, but I knew he would rather die than cry in front of people.

He put his hands on mine, which were on my bare lap. I wanted to move it away but as always, the sensation of his touch made me lose control of myself.

"Cats, I know. And that thought kills me everyday. I didn't think you would actually cry. I am so so sorry for that" he whispered as I scrunched my nose in disgust, hearing that name.

"You have no idea how sorry I a-"

He was interrupted by a deep voice
"Is this guy trying something on you? Is he harassing you?"

I looked up to meet Brad's eyes. He had a burly physique, which could make my heart melt, but fortunately brawny was not my type.

"Umm no Brad I'm okay, but thanks. He's my," I glared at Den "friend"

"Are you sure. You look uncomfortable" his gaze shifted to my thighs. As a result, I pulled down my now slightly risen up shorts.

"Dude mind your own fucking business and get the fuck out of here before I stand up cause trust me, you don't wanna test me now" Jorden snapped at him, giving him a deadly glare, which no one would want to be at the receiving end of.

"Brad I'm really okay." I said before he could reply and he silently walked away.

"Do you seriously like him?" Den spatted out.

And with this, the little amount of empathy for Jorden which had appeared, fizzled out.

"I cannot believe you" I said as I pushed his hand away and stood up.

He just sat there. Staring at the ground.

"I just wanted to say. We are done Jorden. And that's on you. So stop acting as if we are still together. Stop trying to make me feel guilty." As much as I wanted to take my anger out on him, I knew I shouldn't.

Walking away from the seat, I reached the front and sat next to Alex.

"I couldn't hear anything but that looked pretty intense huh" he whispered with an eyebrow lifted up.

The only thing I could do was nod.

"Do you need a hug?" He asked, smiling.
"Alex, I don't even know you" I replied with a sigh but hugged him anyway.

We stayed there for 50 seconds when he murmured "that was a pretty long hug for someone you don't even know" earning a snort from me.

"Wait how long is this drive" he asked looking through the window.

"From our school it should have been 5-6 hours but then we went the opposite direction to pick you guys up, so now it's 8 hours" I ranted out. Hails made me memorize the whole fucking itinerary.

"Well y'all are dumb" he sighed.

And then, we talked. We talked for two hours. About everything. Almost. From our favorite shows, to food, to family, our entire lives.

Now he knew almost as much as hailey did about me.

"Wait, so why was he so shocked that you cried. Obviously you did. You broke up" Alex said looking as confused as I expected him to be.

I knew this was coming, and I guess I trusted him enough to tell him.

"Okay, promise me, you won't judge me. Please Alex."

"What the hell. I will never judge you Katherine. Never."

"Okay. So, it might sound weird, but I don't cry.
The only time I remember crying was when I was 7, and I ate meat by accident. And obviously when I caught my boyfriend cheating on me. I didn't even cry a lot when I was a child!"

"That's so cool!"

"That's not cool dumbass. I have a fucking eyelid disorder. Which also shaped me up to be an insensitive piece of shit"

"You're not a piece of shit Kate." I smiled at him "You're a full shit"

"That doesn't even make sense bitch" I said as I flipped him.

"I don't think boys can be bitches" he chucked.

"Boys can't. You can" we both jerked our head to the front, where a seething hailey was sitting, turned backwards.

Her sleep hair was all over the place, sleep marks in her cheek, drool on her shirt, and eyes filled with anger.

Her sleepy face never ceases to amaze me.

"You're stealing my best friend dude " she said while I laughed my ass off.

-

-

-

It'd be kinda cool if you voted.